2200 @ 100shot - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 @ 100shot
Saturday, November 05, 2005 12:57 PM
I've JUST ran a 100shot...........It's Beautiful!!!!!!!!11!!11!!!!!1!!!!

So no one probably knows this but we just purchased a shop here in Newnan,GA and we're planning on running an Eco powered street driven car that is of course boosted. So me knowing this and seeing the post about a 100shot I said to myself why not? If I bliw it well hell, we can just use my car as our promo vehicle and swap the Eco in later.

So I ran down to the local Shucks (who has a nice assortment of nitrous equip) and I bought the two other jets I needed for the 100shot. Put everything in and ran the car dry of 89oct so I could get a clean 93 in. Checked my sprak plugs again and they all looked to be running a-little rich which in this case would be ok since I was going a bit bigger than the 75....

Well this morning I took her out, Triple A card in hand haha.

DIdn't take the car through 1st gear with spray in fear of it spinning the tires and hitting the limiter so I waited until 3rd for the first try then went two more times in 2nd.

3rd gear was a tad bit choppy but I'm not sure if that was because of my WOT switch being so far back on the pedal reach or if the car was going lean and the plugs were mis-firing?????

On the first 2nd gear run I was pretty sure I was going to blow the motor, but didn't. I was cruising at about 2500 rpm and gradually got on it. Hit WOT at about 36-3700rpm and the tires spun, then I shifted into 3rd quick and the car just absolutely took off. DAMN it was quick.....

Second 2nd gear run it was through a tunnel with a light right before. I'm at the light and there's a WRX right beside me on driver side. I ease through first and hold it again at 2500rpm in 2nd and as I was doing that the wrx revved and popped the clutch, so instead of my gradually getting on it I freakin smashed it not even thinking about the nitrous. Tires spun AGAIN this time on dry pavement and i caught up and past the WRX while still in 2nd gear, wound out the whole tunnel in 3rd which was around 80mph....

So this was a fun morning!

I don't recommend anyone take the chance of running a 75 or 100shot on their 2200. I was running a risk because I have a back up plan for bigger things in the future. All I can tell you is that you have something to look out for. I can't imagine how happy the boosted guys are that are running 220-250 on their Eco's. That's my goal now. Right around 230hp on a 2200 with slicks. If I blow the axles then whatever. Just another reason to get some 400hp units and get ready for the Hahn powered Eco.

Sorry it was long, just never expected my car to pull like that!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Re: 2200 @ 100shot
Saturday, November 05, 2005 1:10 PM
Cool, man, I say you keep upping the shot (safely without trying to blow it up) until you find the failure point of a well tuned nitrous 2200! Good luck with your Hahn turboed eco project!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:15 PM
Nitro wrote:Cool, man, I say you keep upping the shot (safely without trying to blow it up) until you find the failure point of a well tuned nitrous 2200! Good luck with your Hahn turboed eco project!

Thanks a-lot man! That would be a good thing to do also, see where it fails and what exactly starts to go first and give a pretty good diagnostics on what happened so 2200 owners will know what to upgrade next!

Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:23 AM
hey Jamal, when is the shop opening up? I take it you're gonna carry a pretty extensive line for us 2.2/2200 guys ? Lookin' forward to seein' the shop, maybe you can give nopi a run for their money.
Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:53 PM
86svo wrote:hey Jamal, when is the shop opening up? I take it you're gonna carry a pretty extensive line for us 2.2/2200 guys ? Lookin' forward to seein' the shop, maybe you can give nopi a run for their money.

Ahh Nopi blows! Our shop will be more on the lines of Mahdavi Motorsports and Mainstream Performance. We're trying to find some spare change to get a AWD dyno but by the way it's looking it will be stuck at a FWD/RWD unit.

And for us J's! Once we get our machining equip in, you better believe I'll start fabbing things up. I can already see people like Lowfire and some of the guys down in FL coming over and helping me mock up things for an eventual final product. We'll deffinately see in the near future. Nothing will be ready for until next year. Right now we're just in the buying stages and locating equip and lifts. Later!

P.s- Do you know how nice it would be to be able to tune my own car whenever I want! Nicee! haha! Hopefully we have everything together before Nopi 06 and we can have a huge number of J's turn up and party with us. We're only 15-20miles from where Nopi holds everything!

Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:02 PM
^^^ thats sounds cool. i have two j's a 91 4-door and a 96 fire gt plus i'm buying a 98 cavy 2200 i think in 3 days. i'll come down and hang out lol

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:42 AM
I would come down to the Atl to hang out wit ya..

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Monday, November 07, 2005 8:33 AM
B ball is this what you wouldn't tell me the other day? your opening your own shop! Sweet.'

Monday, November 07, 2005 2:35 PM
Juiced n' Boost--( pushrods ) wrote:B ball is this what you wouldn't tell me the other day? your opening your own shop! Sweet.'

Haha basically! That and I might be heading to the Hahn Stg II or III Eco once it comes out.

Didn't want to be a traitor to the 2200 though so this 100shot caused me to fall in love again lol

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:24 PM
Get that car on the dyno and post up some 100 shot dyno sheets........before u lose a piston or two.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:31 AM
Adler wrote:Get that car on the dyno and post up some 100 shot dyno sheets........before u lose a piston or two.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:32 PM
Adler wrote:Get that car on the dyno and post up some 100 shot dyno sheets........before u lose a piston or two.

Already working this out! Should be by Firday! Dyno from Intec racing here in Seattle as a going away present for me! Love those guys!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:52 PM
sweet dude, can't wait!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:52 PM
Ok so this might be happening sooner than I thought! There's a 30min time frame open tommorow! They said the Dyno has been acting funky ever since this supra pegged it twice two days ago at a dyno day so without me buying a wideband with the free dyno I might not get the most accurate info or reasons to why the numbers are low or choppy?

Adler may I ask what shot of nitrous you were running when you got this time slip?

http://www.j-body.org/members/timeslips/814/

And what were all your modifications at that point in conjunction with the nitrous?

Also Nitro, I saw in a previous thread you made that in one dyno run you put down low 200s for hp(238?) and high 200s for TQ (290). Can you take a guesstimate as to how your car was doing on the 13.3 run? Awesome run by the way (still have the vid).

Basically to be a bench dyno'er and racer, I'm guessing:

1) My n/a mods equal the performance or slightly better than the stock performance of a Z24 since in a couple races I beat them (would this be due to higher TQ numbers than a stock Z or actual because of an actual increase on hp from my mods)

2) That I pull close to 13.3's but more logically high 13's with a 100shot. (Of course on Drag Radials)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's basically all mere guesses *for everyone else who's watching the thread* not actual claims of what I could do.

Thanks for all the help and hopefully soon I'll be able to break down the motor enough to see atleast how the pistons are doing and take a look at the cylinder walls for any stress cracks from high cylinder heat pressure. Any other reccomending things to look at by just taking off the head?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:46 PM
Well, I saw this timeslip in your reg......

R/T ... .112
60' ... 2.480
330 ... 6.768
1/8 ... 10.270
MPH ... 69.86
1000 ... 13.288
1/4 ... 15.710
MPH ... 89.64

If you got that 60' time down to a 2.1, you'd be running closer to a 15.2, which is great for even a modded 2.2 OHV all motor. And that's roughly what I trap off the juice, so let's say we're even off the spray. You should be able to match my time on the 100 shot if you learn to hook like I do. I usually turn 2.1's on street tires, and only ever ran 4 passes with DR's and was only running 2.0's (hopefully I'll get used to them next time out). But like you said, it's only bench racing, so we'll find out when you hit the track. And yea, I was putting out 231 HP and 290 lbs ft at the dyno the month before I went to the track, but I put the smaller tb back on before the track time because of drivablilty issues. Based on my traps and weight, I say the smaller tb put me down about 5-7 horses. And next time out (this friday I hope) I'll have the larger tb back on, my new header, and one size smaller fuel jet since I was running off the chart rich at the dyno. Hopefully I'll see much better numbers.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:23 PM
Alright guys I just got back from the dyno 3hrs ago! Deffinately not pleased with the results of the day! The dyno was deffinately screwed up from the previously mentioned supra pegging it out twice. The guy that just got his car off before me (boosted k20 with a vtec head) he put down a weird run and couldn't explain why.

Well I drove it on and got it strapped up...Only had a 20-30min time frame because I was doing the run for free and in between appointments. Couldn't afford the $15 Wideband (wanted it so bad) because I had to buy a new tank of N2o!

Started the run and he said just to take it to 3rd @ low rpms and then go for it. Ran the car and went full WOT at around 3700rpm or so! He told me to let off around the late 5k range and I was anyway to make sure I didn't hit the limiter with the nitrous on! I took it off of complete WOT but kinda stayed on the pedal a bit! Layed down some sick numbers from what I thought! I mean to pull over over 200hp on a all bolt-on 2200 with no internal strengthening mods is wild to me.

I had the original Dyno in a 1600x1400 scale but the wouldn't let me take the disc once they heard I was posting it online. They said they had to put on their Business info and they'd send it to my e-mail! Got it and its like 10000000000x smaller...tards! I would've liked to see how choppy the lined got once I got on the spray! Also my "NOS" pressure gauge read I was a little over 800psi! I don't have a bottle warmner! I left the bottle in front of one of those huge floor heaters and the tank pressure rose to 1000psi but by the time I made the run it was back down to the 800's! Also this was done on 98oct grade fuel if that helps any! They mixed it in with my 93 (which i thought would basically cancel it out and everything would still be 92?).

Engine: (updated)

(ALL NITROUS and ACCESORIES from KARO@CARCUSTOMS.NET)
NitrousExpress GM Efi Stage I Kit
NitrousExpress Purge Kit
NGK Tr6 Plugs(#4177)
WideOpenThrottle Switch
Smaller Nitrous and Fuel Feed Lines
Ractive 8mm Plug Wires
Mild Port & Polished Head
Lower Engine Mount(Carcustoms.net)
Upper Engine Mount(Carcustoms.net)
B&M Short Throw Shifter(RkSport.com)
Tranny Mounts(Carcustoms.net)
Warm Air Intake(RSM Racing)
Tsudo Carbon Fiber Muffler
Custom 2 1/4" Exhaust Piping
Removed tuner tube
Removed Bong
Dremeled lips of TB
Jets for 100shot

------------Dyno-------------Dyno-----------Dyno---------Dyno-------------Dyno-------------Dyno

Well that's it! A @!#$ING 220hp peak and a 250 ft/lbs of TQ! But check out what I mean about the dyno! It said that my HP stayed basically the same for almost an entire rpm! 4.5k to 5.5 k its all around 215-220? I haven't seen too many dybo sheets but I don't I've seen one where the hp stayed the same for any amount of time. And the hp line is choopy all the way up to peak while the the TQ was only choopy for a little while! My TQ sure did jump up quick though! I'm in love with nitrous at this point! All I want is rods and a MSD DIS II right now. I want to go ahead and push the numbers up further!

Alright let me know what you think! Any suggestions for the next run? 21posts left this month so try to get all the questions in one post!

Other info!

Dyno Specs:
Dyno Jet Model 248
Above ground application
Up to 1200hp to the wheels
Wide band O 2 sensor available ( Additional $15 per hour)
Front and rear wheel drive
Hourly rates start at $80 per hour (Call for Specials!)
Group rates available

Intecs Site

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:45 PM
Cool, man. You'd be suprised to see what an extra 200 psi would do for you. Probably 235 Whp at 1000 psi bottle pressure. Get a bottle heater and go back! And next time, for the love of Pete, save up $15 for the wideband, you'll be glad you did. Either for peace of mind, or to catch an Oops, it's worth it. Oh, and BTW, my 231 hp was basically from 4K to about 5200K before it tapered off, lol. And the tq was 290 at 4K and tapered off right from there. Kinda like your graph.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:03 PM
Bballjamal,
Are you pulling out any timing when running the 100 shot? If not, pull out a few degrees and put in the 150 pills.

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:03 PM
Sick Sick! I'm deffinately happy with the numbers! Wish the dyno could've been repaired before hand but it gave me some good numbers! Everyone in the shop basically said it was giving out lower numbers than what previous cars have seen before so maybe there was alittle more in it? I'm taking it by what it said though because I can't be any happier!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:15 PM
Adler wrote:Bballjamal,
Are you pulling out any timing when running the 100 shot? If not, pull out a few degrees and put in the 150 pills.

Next mods are deffinately a MSD DIS-II programmeble! I wanted to buy yours awhile ago but didn't have a reason to with no idea I'd ever go over a 50shot!

We're opening up our own performance shop soon and should get our dynojet in (land-and-sea.com) there shortly after. I'm sure we'll have a MSD in and functioning on the dyno again! I'll more than likely keep upping the shot until something goes wrong! Let everyone know what went wrong first with pics of everything acid cleaned to be able to clearly see what happened!

Thanks guys!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:21 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:Adler may I ask what shot of nitrous you were running when you got this time slip?

http://www.j-body.org/members/timeslips/814/

And what were all your modifications at that point in conjunction with the nitrous?

That 9.8 run was when I had a 50 shot, stock slipping clutch, K&N filter, and the RKS cat-back exhaust.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:12 AM
Now take it to the track and make a run with this same setup? Id like to know what the 1/4 mile times will be.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:26 PM
Yea all the test and tune's are over, hell the whole track is closed for the season now that I think of it. My car will be staying in seattle while I'm getting used to college and setting up the shop down in GA. Hopefully I can get back up here on spring break and lay something down. I deffinately know that I'll get a better time in seattle because of track prep and overall temp and humidity conditions there. If I go down to GA that'll all be lost.

I'll be hooking up with Taestech-Z24 a-lot just to see where he is compared to where I am. He's running the GM charger with smaller pulley's on alchy injection and other misc stuff.Runs low 13s with 2.1 60s on street tires! So I'll deffinately be stepping my game up when I get back there!

Thanks for all the input guys!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search