What compression for me? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What compression for me?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:31 AM
Im done building the head and Valvetrain so I desided to build a bottom end as well and simply replace my original motor with a built one rather than putting the valvetrain and head on my original block.

The motor is going to be NA and capable of up to a 100 shot of N20. My problem is I dont know what piston/rod combo to go with. My compustion chambers on the head are polished ( i assume that will affect my compression) and the headgasket is the Jtuners cosmetic 0.030 NA gasket (changing the compression again). So what is stock compression? what would you estimate it is with the head work and gasket? and lastly what compression should i run on an NA motor with n20?

Thanx to all you gurus out there

Re: What compression for me?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:00 AM
maybe go for a 10 :1 I also have been thinking bout this I'm ditching my turbo
and going n/a if I can get to high 13's on spray I'll be happy
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:27 AM
if your car doesn't get driven often in stop and go and ect.. I woudl go up to 11:1 but compression that high on a little engine causes hot spots in the head and lieks to take out head gaskets, but its not real common unless your sitting in traffic no moving. polishing the chambers swont do much for compression, it will actually lower it a tiny bit, and the gasket since its meant for N/A will most likely bump the compression ration up a bit. I would go with 10:1 or 10.5:1 pistons with a nice seat of forged rods and piston, when picking pistons I would go with whatever has the biggest amount of meet above the ring lands cause if you crack one thats where its gonna crack. good luck

Friday, November 18, 2005 11:21 AM
Im hoping to make the car where i can still drive it everyday.

Friday, November 18, 2005 5:22 PM
I'm going 10:1 on my 2200 I'm building. and i also plan on using the juners gasket. with the smaller gasket and the pistons i think you will be ok on 92+ I dont think it would be higher than 10.75:1 I haven't taken the time to calculate it. But if you had your chambers polished to help get rid of "hot spots" your taking some material out of the combustion chambers and that lowwers compression. lol so you would have some math to do.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 6:01 PM
So you think 10:1?

Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:09 PM
You should be fine on 10:1 the computer cant read compression just use premo gas you'll be ok. I'm going 2 use 10:1 comp. and smaller head gasket I don't see how it would be a problem seeing how the eco is 10:1 i beleive. Dark stars is that correct on eco comp ratio?

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:10 PM
yes the Eco is 10:1 but recomended fuel is the 87 octane.... the cheap stuff. The engine and head and everything are all aluminum so it dispates heat faster and since the head and block are both the same material (not iron block with aluminum head) 10.1 compression doesn't need high octane.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:37 AM
I say 10:1 or 10.5:1 as long as you have proper fuel management.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:04 PM
I say bump it up to 12:1 and run 110 octane turbo blue. Sweetest smelling poop out there, i try to get my girlfriend to wear it as perfume, but she wont. In a nearby town here, there is 110 octane right out of the pump, 3.50 a gallon, not too shabby
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search