The things i come up with....... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The things i come up with.......
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:47 PM
I have had this in my head since I read the nitrous article in Hotrod magazine from Nov. 04' I know right off bat most people with call bs on this or simply think i am nuts for wanting to do this, but hear me out.

This past year i read up on and installed my first wet nitrous kit to my car. Not only did i have a blast with it and surprise many friends but i also developed a rod knock after 13 bottles. Now i will be building a bigger and stronger LN2 for the car that should be done by March. I debated over going Na/No2 or just turbo and had planned on going turbo but decided i didn't want to do it. Anyway back to my original intent.

I want to set up a separate fuel system for my nitrous setup consisting of a 3-5 gallon fuel cell w/ pump/reg that is only for my nitrous system ( This way i can fine tune every little aspect of my nitrous kit separately ). The motor i am putting together will have to be run on 92 for compression reasons and the separate fuel system will be of 100+ octane for my nitrous system. I planned on going with a 2 stage system. Initially shot would be a 50-75 from a single foger nozzle and then a 75-100 shot direct port , either way i will not spray more than 150. I figured I will only use the 2nd stage for when i go to the track and the first stage messing around on the street.

In no way is this going to happen over night but i will run my single fogger kit on my new motor when done. This is a project i want to start when the motor is done. I have made a few sketches as to how i want to mount everything in the spare tire well but I'm still doing more research in what little spare time i have.

I will spare you of any more details but I would like to hear from anybody positive or negative, or just tell me i'm stupid for even thinking this all up.

-Jeff

Re: The things i come up with.......
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:34 AM
Well there's nothing to call BS on because everything you stated is logical and very possible. Only things I don't understand is that it wouldn't matter to run 100oct with the 2nd stage because ocne it got into the engine wouldn't it mix with you 92oct thus causing it to be "watered down" in sense?

Maybe not because of it being direct port system(and spraying right into the runners) and the fact that it would fuse with the nitrous as it was going in through the nozzles.

But back to the subby, I see nothing really wrong with it. Running another fuel system can be pretty expensive if you want it done right without any worry of leakage and fire issues.

You could be cheap and just get a used cell off of a hot-rod site classifieds, use a LS1 fuel pump, cheap lines,etc.

In a way I've always contemplated using a dual stage set-up. Never thought about a single fogger and a direct port as a dual stage but rather two single foggers. First stage spraying a 50shot for 1st and 2nd gear then get the 2nd stage 100shot for 3rd and 4th.

If it happens then good luck. I don't feel comfortable having ll the valueble equip i such a hard area to reach behind a 2200!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:36 AM
I like everything about your idea. I wouldn’t go cheap on the fuel cell, pump, regulator and lines through. My biggest concern would be a pump, or line problem. The last thing you want is 150 shot of nitrous and no extra fuel. There’s a car in Sport Compact Car magazine last month with a very similar setup, but it doesn’t give a lot of info. I think it was an eclipse.

Good luck, it sounds like a cool project.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:27 PM
I can see everything you are talking about and it makes sense. However wouldn't it be more efficient using a n20 controler V.S. two seperate stages? Also as for fuel I don't know if it will really beneift you two have two seperate fuel systems when your really only going to gain more effective tunning abilities. I would think an safc2 would be more effective and have on setting for your hardcore n2o runs and the other for daily driving. Thats just what I can see out of this. I can very easily be wrong considering I did no research just of of what you told me, just a little food for thought for you.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:03 PM
B ball---> the reason for a completely separate fuel system is so I eliminate the posiblitity of leaning out the factory fuel system. The fuel cell is going to run both stages of nitrous. I figured that since I will only spray 50-75 on the inital hit that i would be ok with a single fogger. As for the second stage I would only want to go direct port since i would want that extra 100hp to be sent directly to the cylinders. If i were using a second fogger for the 100 shot i would worry about puddling with that much no2 and gas comming from 2 sources so far away from the intake valves. Today at work One of the guys asked why don't i just use a direct port for an intial hit and go with Nos nozzles for the second hit........That just added more things to plan out and play with in my head now. lol

Fatalic CAVI----->I apreciate your feed back. I actually thought about the progressive idea and running a big shot out of a single fogger. I was actually set on that idea at first but thought of just running 2 stages and my idea snowballed from there. When I looked into it using a progressive actually shortens the silinoid life because of the rapid cyling on and off to "soften the blow" and help maintain traction ( On a side note it also raises the possibility of having a silinoid stick open ). If you spray a big shot and only use it at the track once and a while that would be the way I would go. In my case I use alot of nitrous and rarely go to the drag strip. That is the reason why i would stay with a small shot for the street. I had become very good with keeping traction on a 50 in first and second. Once i hit third though it really seems to slow down, and that s when i would hit the second stage if needed.

Jeff

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:09 PM
Race performance---> Thanks for telling me about that eclipes i will look into that . In your profile it says your location is rockford. Is that rockford illinios?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search