does anyone have a chart for the nitrious pills - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
does anyone have a chart for the nitrious pills
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:14 PM
im trying to figure out what pills equals what shot. Is thier a formula, or a chart.. Right now i have a 50 shot with .028 for nitirous, and .032 for fuel.

anyone know what i need for a 35 shot?

Re: does anyone have a chart for the nitrious pill
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:30 PM
You have to know your fuel pressure at WOT and the bottle pressure to get it exact, but here's an online calculator that should be pretty close:

NitrousSizes

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:46 PM
Don't use that calculator, it's wrong, dead wrong. In fact, I haven't seen one online calculator that has ever been right. All of them have had inputs for bottle pressure, but they always say the same thing no matter what you plug in for bottle pressure. For instance, that calculator listed says that I'm running a 136 shot, when the chart I got with the kit says I'm running a 100 shot. That's a big difference. So I thought, hmm, maybe the calculator has too high of a bottle pressure input set as default, so I lowered the bottle pressure input from 1100 to 1000 psi, which is what my chart suggests. Guess what, it still said I was spraying a 136 shot. Hmmm, how about 800 psi? Yep, you guessed it, 136 shot. There is no way in hell that's even possible, and I've proven on a dyno that on my kit, going from 900 psi to 1050 psi was worth 17 hp at the wheels! So ignore all those crappy online calculators, unless you find one that actually makes sense and drops the HP rating when bottle pressure goes down.

And on a side note, I posted a thread awhile back that had jet sizes for 25-100 hp shots at the proper fuel pressures on a single nozzle system. I thought it would be a good idea for a moderator to sticky it, since this question is asked often, but I guess they didn't share my thought on that. One day, they'll figure it out......
....I hope.

I'll do a quick search to see if I can find it for ya.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:50 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=39&i=6143&t=5728&arch=1#6143

There it is. At least they had the sense to archive it. I really wish they would reopen it and sticky it though. It's just as valuable as the other stickies in this forum, IMO.

Mods, anyone help here?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search