What Precautions/Additions should be used??????? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Precautions/Additions should be used???????
Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:27 AM
I have a Zex Nitrous Kit #82011 Dry plus Purge kit. What Precautions or Additions should be used with this kit besides Plugs and 89+ Octane gas? I was looking at the MSD Fuel Pump (How hard is the install and would it be a Problem running 2 Pumps?). I will be Running this on a Ecotec with a AEM CAI, Motor Mounts, and Exhaust other than that im Stock.

Should I Use any Nitrous Programmer or SAFC??? All help is much appreciated!!!
Thank You

Re: What Precautions/Additions should be used???????
Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:36 AM
well if you are running a high shot of dry, then upgrade the feul system. pump, injectors, things of that sort

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:32 PM
whats better wet or dry and why?
Re: What Precautions/Additions should be used?????
Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:42 PM
wet it better for a car with no supporting fuel mods... because it sprays fuel into your tb along with the n20... if your just spraying n20 (a DRY system) in with no extra fuel... your car will lean..... and BOOM..... bye bye piston.... or rod.... or main bearing....

for a 50 shot you don't need a fuel pump..... just the plugs, maybe some wires and if you mean 2 pumps as in your stock one and the msd inline uning them together... then no not a problem either ...

I believe one pump is for flow... (stock one) to the msd inline pump and the msd inline pump is for pressure ( in the fuel rail and fuel lines up to the fuel rail)

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:45 PM
Wet is better..
Because it injects fuel along with the Nitrous to help decrease the chances of running lean.
For the precautions I too have the Zex dry kit and have been trying to take safety precautions as well. I have been trying to get a post going about A fuel pressure safety switch but I can not get any feedback on it.
I would suggest takin all precautions before spraying the Nitrous. Keep a check on the plugs. maybe even get a air fuel ration gauge. Yes everything you mentioned would be a good idea.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:19 AM
do not use 89 octane. only 93 and make sure the gas station has good quality gas in their holding tanks... since you are in PA and they are required to test their tanks monthly it shouldnt be a problem.

you do not need any ignition mods for a 55 dry shot. any more power and you will need ignition retard or just get a wet kit. wet is generally better and safer

Monday, November 21, 2005 1:32 PM
JB Bika (slo eco) wrote:do not use 89 octane. only 93

You have to realize that 87oct is ok for nitrous use! The reason why they RECOMMEND premium octane is for extra insurance against detonation. 89 is good to use for one because a J-bodies computer can't read premo fuel good and you noticeably lose power. 89 is a few points over the max reading for stock ECU's on J-bodies so you perform better than 87 and get a added benefit of a richer and faster burning fuel to help with the nitrous.

So 89 is fine until you get into higher numbers such as 75-100!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search