Bottle Location - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bottle Location
Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:58 AM
Okay so I got this nitrous kit and finally putting some thought into where I am going to locate the various parts and how to run the lines, etc, when it hits me. I really don't have the room in my trunk to put a bottle (subs, amps, capacitor, etc). I guess that leaves somewhere in the back seat? Any suggestions. This is an example of a serious lack of forthought.

Re: Bottle Location
Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:39 PM
some people mount it on the floor behind the drivers seat

Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:55 PM
DO NOT mount the bottle sideways!!!! Always mount the bottle with the valve end facing the front of the car at about (not exact) a 20* angle. I have had numerous shops in my area tell me that.If you mount it sideways or backwards the shot can go way lean. If it goes lean everyone one knows what happens.

Is it still speeding if the speedometer dosen't work???
Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:20 PM
just put it in the trunk
Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:41 PM
MassEco20 wrote:DO NOT mount the bottle sideways!!!! Always mount the bottle with the valve end facing the front of the car at about (not exact) a 20* angle. I have had numerous shops in my area tell me that.If you mount it sideways or backwards the shot can go way lean. If it goes lean everyone one knows what happens.

yeah if the shot goes lean you inject more fuel and not so much nitrous and the car runs a little richer with no real effects......whats your point?

and why do they say that? it makes no sense

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:22 AM
Thanks guys. JR...like I said their is no room. I never intended to put nitorus in the car and when I put in the sound system I built my box and glass without a nice location for a bottle. I will put it in the back seat. I will probably build some kind of floating structuture to house it so that it is facing front and at the right angle. Thanks again.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:40 AM
OK one night when you heat that bottle up too much and the back of your neck has frost bite then you will put it in the trunk.

Plus do you want everybody to know u have spray.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:38 PM
J R wrote:OK one night when you heat that bottle up too much and the back of your neck has frost bite then you will put it in the trunk.

Plus do you want everybody to know u have spray.

That would only be the case if he had the bottle unhooked and the valve on. Unless there is a leak no Nitrous is going to come out.

I believe it was Karo's car I saw that had the bottle like right behind the console. It looked sweet as hell. If someone knows what I am talkin about please post the pic.

I would look into getting the blow down tube incase of error..

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:27 PM
yes the blow down tube would be a good idea

as far as not leaking bs when u start getting over 1300 psi that round seal cap on fill side can go any time and that wont be a leak it will be a fat cloud of dope at high pressure

When u first get the bottle filled (10lb) its at 900 to 1000 psi and if u heat it up that seal will wear,takes a wile depending on how much use.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:48 PM
i still don't see how having the bottle sideways would result in less of a shot, that makes no sense to me

Hail Satan

Sunday, December 04, 2005 5:43 PM
Sorry I don't see how mounting the bottle side ways will have anything to do with you leaning out. Your not going to run any more spray that way so if anything you will be running really rich.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 5:54 PM
Silver Streak wrote:I believe it was Karo's car I saw that had the bottle like right behind the console. It looked sweet as hell. If someone knows what I am talkin about please post the pic.

Jeremy's (Skilz10179) car?

Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:29 PM
Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:34 PM
^^^
frost bite waiting too happen

Also down here in Texas your car can be in pounded for having the juice hooked upped to the car
Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:36 PM
GOT TO HIDE THE DOPE
Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:55 PM
J R wrote:^^^

Also down here in Texas your car can be in pounded for having the juice hooked upped to the car

care to post a link to that law? its been my observation that hardly any states have any laws that pertain to nitrous in a car as a power adder. most states only go off of the laws on transporting compressed gases

Hail Satan

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:13 PM
nope sorry dont have a link just know from experience no2 kits dont have a DOT number, any power adder that does not have a number is considered off road use not for the streets therefore the car is illegal
Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:26 PM
ok, must be a texas thing... remind me not to drive through texas i know louisiana never gave me any trouble for nitrous

Hail Satan

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:40 PM
thats Louisiana they only have safety inspections they dont care about any emissions off course they wouldn't give a d@m.

they wont know if they dont see the dope. thats why u put the bottle in the trunk.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:09 PM
J R wrote:thats Louisiana they only have safety inspections they dont care about any emissions off course they wouldn't give a d@m.

they wont know if they dont see the dope. thats why u put the bottle in the trunk.

and thats why i love louisiana.....but texas is kick ass to visit

Hail Satan

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:37 AM

I guess hatchback cars should never run Nitrous in your opinion.....

Monday, December 05, 2005 7:13 AM
Most states don't car as long as it's not in the passenger compartment and not hooked up

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:06 AM
Silver Streak wrote:

I guess hatchback cars should never run Nitrous in your opinion.....

there is still a trunk area to put it in a hatch.Plus thats why they have blown down tubes
But really I dont care what you guys do just sharing some info for your safety.

Here in Texas they wont let you run n20 without a blown down tube at the track.

Also a cav is a hatch if you put the seats down.....................
Monday, December 05, 2005 9:11 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:Most states don't car as long as it's not in the passenger compartment and not hooked up

Thats how it is in Texas u can have it in the car as long as its not hooked up on public roads.
Monday, December 05, 2005 9:37 AM
I am confused.. Whats your point?

There should only be frost if the Nitrous is leaking.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search