Bottle Location - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bottle Location
Monday, December 05, 2005 10:54 AM
Silver Streak wrote:I am confused.. Whats your point?

There should only be frost if the Nitrous is leaking.

everyone is pretty much referring to the blow out valve. Which is designed to blow out at 1500psi? I think can't remember off the top of my head. That is where you are to attach a blow down tube.

When the blow out vavle bursts open all the nitrous in the tank will blow out at once under a lot of pressure and can cause harm to the vehicle or a passenger in direct or close to the spray.

A blow down tube will divert the n20 outside of the car.

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:28 AM
I understood that..

The orignal post was that the guy had no room in the trunk and he wanted to mount the bottle somewhere in the car. And JR kept tellin him what a bad idea it was. So it would be bad to not have anything between you and the Nitrous incase of an accident but if he wants to take the risk it is all him.

He could save on a bottle opener

Along with everything you included Fatallic he should get a pretty good idea..

Hope this all helps you out..

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Monday, December 05, 2005 11:47 AM
I hear what your saying JR and I appreciate your opinion. But I am limited in my space. I sure ain't going to rip out my fiberglassed trunk to make room for a bottle. I have a blowdown tube and a gauge and will not be running nitrous on a regular basis. Maybe once in awhile when I feel like being brave (never know when something is going to blow right?) Anyway, I'm not nuts so I'll be as careful as I can. Thanks to everyone who had an opinion.
Monday, December 05, 2005 12:28 PM
If you have a blow down tube then your good no worries.........................
Monday, December 05, 2005 1:11 PM
yea to be honest, n20 isn't that unsafe when things are done properly. I don't even know anyone personally that had their bottle saftey valve blow open. Motor wise yes things can break and go wrong but usually (most of the time) it's on an old motor or the owner was spraying more then the reccommended amount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search