New To Nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New To Nitrous
Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:41 AM
Hey,
Not sure if this should be in the newbies, being that I am not a newbie to modifying cars, but I am new to nitrous. Just bought a zex dry system, as I understand it is the easiest and a relatively safe system to use (don't need to hear I should have gone wet...thanks). I only plan on running a small shot (35), basically cause I am a chicken and until I feel comfortable and have the internals on my 2200 strengthened I think it wise to stick to a small jet. Anyway, I have been told I could go all the way to a 75 shot on a 2200 on stock internals, not that I would ever do that but maybe a 50 at the most when I grow some balls. I also understand that it comes down to the car itself because every car is different. My car is a 2000 with a 2200 engine and only has 19000 miles and has been driven carefully from the day I bought it, it has never been abused. What additional equipment would I need to make sure I am relatively safe using a 35 shot? I don't think I need to go crazy and buy every safety piece of equipment made, but then again I am not the expert when it comes to nitrous. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

Re: New To Nitrous
Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:57 PM
All I'll say is with a dry kit you have to garuntee that your stock fuel system can keep up with the shot.

With a 35 I'm sure it can handle it but 50+ is pushing it. (on a dry kit)

You'll have to choose between a fuel pressure regulator or a Fuel pressure gauge (if you're lucky you can find the models that have 2 in 1) and you'll have to make sure your pressure stays optimal during a nitrous run.

I'll seafoam my car a couple times before I ever run a dry kit and to stay on the cheap side but If I wanted to be expensive and be sure of no damage I'd get an AFPR, Z24 injectors, and the blazer fuel pump. That's only because I'll be running well over 35 everytime haha!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:22 PM
i ran a 65 dry on my 2.4 and 75 wet on the same one. a 2200 should be able to handle a 55 dry.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:03 PM
Speaking from experience from using the zex dry kit. I would take every precaution possible.

The more insurance the better.
Make sure you get a fuel pressure gauge.
Good plugs.
Better fuel pump.( replace filter)
Bigger Injectors.
Window Switch
Fuel Pressure Safety Switch.
Bottle Heater.
NItrous Gauge.
Fuel Pressure regulator

I think that is about it

Also unless you've got a different nozzle the lowest jet size that comes with the zex dry kit is 55.(unless you got some other jets to fit in the zex nozzle).

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Friday, December 02, 2005 11:00 AM
well some people have ran high shots with a dry kit, I know ken 2.2 ran a 100 shot a couple times but then later on his motor blew. I strongly suggest to everyone that ever considers spray to save the worry and go with wet.

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM
i think John lenko ran something like an 85 dry shot on one of his other cars for awhile.
he had some timing retard i think. might wanna look him up and ask him some questions

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, December 02, 2005 11:18 AM
Yup.. I ran plenty of bottles of zex thru my 2000 2.4L. Approx 85hp shot.. I had an MSD DIS-2 and ran 94 octane, and NGK TR6 plugs. That's it.

13.8 was my best time at the track.

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:22 PM
was that an auto or manual?

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:24 PM
n/m I just checked your registry it was an auto, you had me nervous for a second there. Cause I g-teched my car at 13.8 and when you said you sprayed an 85 shot and pulled a 13.8 I was thinking the gtech may have been way off lol.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:01 AM
2.4>2.2

Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:40 AM
I ran 50 HP shot on my 2001 2.4 and did 14.9. Now I was wondering what I should consider if I wanna go bigger(like 75 or maybe 100HP)??

Here is what I already have:

Cold Fusion Wet Kit
Bottle Heater
Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
NGK TR6 Spark plugs

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:47 PM
That nitrous sticky was a pretty good post................

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:42 AM
lol thanks man im starting to catch on!!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:35 AM
with a 35 shot, you shouldnt need to upgrade anything. if the fuel system is operating properly there should be no problems. just check the a/f ratio and fuel pressure prior to running.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search