NEw to nitr. ox. help outa lil..... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEw to nitr. ox. help outa lil.....
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:11 AM
Hey ..i am totaly new to Nit ox.......and i had a couple questions..
- Does anyone now were i can get a whole kit for a 2002 cav. for pretty cheap?
-What kit is better a dry or wet kit? (what is the diff? (i have read all the FAQ's i didnt see any answeres ...i have also looked all over for answers ..i came here to see if i could get an answer outta someone who has used nos b4)
-If i hook up nos to my car what if anything will i have to change to keep it from damaging my engine..?
If you are reading this and are wondering why this is posted and want to reply with stupid remarks just click back to the other page and ignore the post....thats why the posts are here anyways ..its to ask stuff you dont know about...
I want to get nos .....(yes i know nos is the name of a company who sells nitrous) and i wanted someone with knowledge to kinda explain what all i need and a good kit to gt and the difficulty of hooking it up...... email me at wizlock23@yahoo.com

thanx for everyones time.....

Re: NEw to nitr. ox. help outa lil.....
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:55 AM
I have never heard it called Nit ox or Nitr. 0x. Why not just spell it on out or use the term n20.

For your first question where to get a kit really cheap? Well that needs to be answered last.
What is better wet or dry.
Well with a wet kit you inject both Nitrous and Fuel at the same time through one nozzle.
With a dry kit you spray only Nitrous, and the extra fuel comes from the injectors.

Dry is easier to install because well you do not have to tap for fuel. People claim that for small sprays under 50 that it is just fine but if you want to go larger everyone reccommends a wet kit or even direct port.

And the things you need before you get damage to the engine is everything. Do some research in this forum I believe this was just asked in a recent posts.

Look around and then decide what kind of kit you need...........

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:32 AM
wet kit is safer (better) since it injects fuel with the nitrous, making it harder to lean out and detonate.

if you go more than a 55 shot, go wet

plugs = ngk tr6 #4177

octane = 93 or better

engine mods = no internal mods needed but some recommend forged pistons, rods, etc. for really large shots such as 100hp

fuel mods = may want to upgrade the fpr, injectors, and pump for 75+hp

brand of kit = NX, NOS, ZEX, Edelbrock... NX has a bare bones wet kit for about $300 called the NX Mainline kit. just lines, solenoids, bottle, hardware. no wot switch or any of the goodies that the $500 - $600 kits have

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:54 AM
well at least you know this
Quote:

I want to get nos .....(yes i know nos is the name of a company who sells nitrous)
and that is a start.

you can get the ngk tr6 part #4177 from any auto store.

i ran a 50 shot all summer. a few times ran a 75. my car still runs great. some have gone to 100 shot with just spark plugs, and higher octane gas but i wasnt that brave. not yet anyway.

i think the most popular kits are NX and ZEX.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:11 PM
I am running an NOS kit on my ohv. It it a universal wet kit advertised as 4/6 cylinder kit. It had mainly everything you need, kick butt instructions and i also added a Rpm window switch and never got around to installing a fuel pressure safty switch. If you want the part number for the kit i used I can post later on when i get home. don't forget that for maximum performance you will need a bottle heater and a gauge to keep an eye on the botttle pressure.

if you need any more help just email me.

Later
Jeff

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:48 AM
Why do people intend on getting cheap nitrous?????

Its already the cheapest mod for the biggest gain in power, why cheap out on it more and risk getting crappy low quality stuff. I swear some people should not be modifying cars at all. They get the cheapest kit on Ebay, blow their motor, then talk hells of shizz about nitrous in general or a combination of that and the specific company they bought it from.

-Note- This isn't completely directed towards original poster, there are many tards in the world today to blame for this post

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:20 PM
Next time you think to open your mouth ..Dont..cause you sound like an idiot .
I wasnt asking for a cheap kit...i was asking if anyone new were to ge a kit at for cheaper than anyohter place...i would never buy it off ebay...like i posted the first time if you dont have anything to say that could help me just keep your thoughts to yourself...i didnt post this to hear a bunch of kids get on here and post negative things and act like they know it all...you are the type of person that is keeping people from posting stuff that they really need help with....because they dont want to go throught the trouble and eye strain of reading your BS......... have a nice day sir///////////
i posted this for real help and i have actually gotten a couple emails that have helped ..and then i get to emails like this guys and it really makes u think y do ppl waist there time to even write stupid stuff like that........?!?!

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:06 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:

-Note- This isn't completely directed towards original poster, there are many tards in the world today to blame for this post

Relax Mr Chambers.
Read the end of his posts
Also how can he open his mouth and what does he sound like?
Cheaper does not means just that. If you look to get the kit from a personal owner or a website that sells cheap kit, then you are looking to put your engine at risk. Solenoids can stick or whatever else.

Jamal does know what he is talkin about even if you think his post was like how you say..

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:49 PM
That was the exact reason I put the last sentence in there.

And what you said was dumb, I encourage people to get nitrous almost everyday. Sorry that I've been in this for a decade now and have seen people blow engines over cheaping out. You'll hear my same arguement from any other knowledgable user and you should learn to take things on the net with a grain of salt and no get your panties in a bunch. And no post on here is never waisted, the more they see stuff like that the less they'll come in here asking for the cheap stuff.

Learn to take advice rather than be so much on the defensive.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:08 PM
I would like to say soory to everyone..i get a little pissed everytime i see someone get on here and put a reply to a post that doesnt really answer a question it just trys to poke fun at someone...i wanted to post this to ask if anyone knew were to get a good prod. at a cheap price..(not a cheap prod. at cheap price) sry..
I hope its all in the past though ....if you can offer me some help then i would like it ....Like the post said i dont really know anything but what i read ...and by the looks at nit. vs turbo..i think the answer is clear to me now...NITROUS. Turbo cost 4 times more..give maybe not even thesame horsepower..and IT COST MORE LOL
I havnt done any nitrous hookups before ..if you dont mind jamal ..(if you have been doing this for a decade now) i would want you to help me... How hard would you think it would be to hook a sysem up by myself (im not a total dumbass when it comes to this )...And if you could give me a list of the stuff i would need to get the system up and going.....(i was thinking about the system by ZEX ...anygood) ..a better one...?
P.S. Im not looking for a overkill i just want a little "KICK IN THE BUTT"
SORRY ABOUT THE OTHER POST"S MIS_UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!
_can't we all just get along_

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:38 AM
If your pretty well inclined with baisc hand tools you could install a kit on your own. Just take the time to read and double check everything. If you want to learn a little more on nitrous. go to www.summitracing.com and put this part # in the search menu--------

SAD-SA50 read it twice and it will give you a better understanding of how every item in the kit works as well as advice on that to use for your application.

Jeff

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:21 AM
Well bro!

For a true beginner a Zex wet kit would be the safest and easiest way to go! Really straight forward install and is really hard to screw up on as would a NX, NOS, Nitrous Works, etc kit would be to install.

For a Beginner that wanted to better himself on a nitrous install, and wanted things to be more mechanical than electrical a regular NX,NOS,etc kit would be for him. The two different kits (these kits and a Zex kit) don't differ much but Zex relies on electrical more and I stay away from technology as much as possible when putting on go fast parts with no computer tuning device.

So 1-5 difficulty level based on a dumbass new tuner (not saying you are, just setting a base for the rating)

Zex : 2

NX, NOS, etc: 3 1/2

Venom 1000 and 2000: 5

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:21 AM
ok ...for the biggst dumbass question..i have tryed to read the diff.. but i wanted a "to the point " answer ...... wut is the diff. between wet and dry kit....... and wut is the diffuculty diffrence in putting them on

Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:57 AM
Juice pushrods wrote: If you want to learn a little more on nitrous. go to www.summitracing.com and put this part # in the search menu--------

SAD-SA50 read it twice and it will give you a better understanding of how every item in the kit works as well as advice on that to use for your application.

Jeff

Well If your so worried about making it safe and ruining your motor READ the book mentioned above and hold off on getting a kit untill you read it 2 times. That will answer all of you questions and also give you a better understanding on how to make your setup as fol proof as possible. and for you said in your last post............

1# a dry kit uses the factory fuel system to add more fuel by upping the pressure to the injectors. This can be used safely but is not intended for big hp numbers as you are more likely to go lean.

a wet kit requires you to "T" into the hi pressure fuel line to supply fuel to the fuel silinoid where once opened sprays the No2 and fuel together through the same nozzle. Since you are adding more fuel by means of taping the main fuel Line you have a more amply fuel supply than upping the pressure at the injectors. Just imagine that a wet kit is like adding an extra injector to better help prevent you from going lean.

#2 Difficulty......not much lake the extra 20 min to tap you fuel line and the fuel silinoid and play it safe.

#3 Get the book and read it.

Later

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search