Zex Dry To Wet - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Zex Dry To Wet
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:39 AM
I have been wanting to go to a wet kit . Since the zex kit is like 329.00. I was looking at using the NOS dry to wet kit that is 169.00. I was wondering if it would be wise to use the Nitrous solenoid from the Zex NMU? I plan on takin apart the box and takin a look inside. Also another problem would be the activation of the kit. Zex uses the Tps and NOs I believe use a microswitch on the throttle cable. I am wondering if I could use the tps hook up from the box.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG

Re: Zex Dry To Wet
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:43 AM
I wouldn't recommend the solenoid idea but I have known of people to universally use the Zex TPS system on their nitrous systems. Zex even sells a $70-90 unit that does just that and alot of people rather have this installed than a microswitch for many reasons. If my microswitch ever fails on me I'm going to go ahead and get the Zex TPS box.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:26 AM
I have been meaning to call holley but I wonder what the Nitrous Solenoid for the NOS kit would cost me. I looked around on like Summit and could not put a match to it. It is like pro, pro cheater and ish like that. I assume if it would not be wise to mix match around on the set up.
I can get a zex wet kit from the fieds for for 175 I may do that but as you said if something fails I can see what it might have be..
Don't know yet still undecided on what to do..

Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:13 PM
sell the dry and buy a used wet kit.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:46 AM
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:42 AM
WOAHH, pro cheater and cheater kits are for 200+ hp applications. That's what we use on our street/strip LS1 Camaro haha. Have you used that kit on your car? I was under the perception those solenoids flow WAYY more than the regular 4cyl efi solenoids.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, December 12, 2005 9:16 AM
I have never used it. I was trying to match one to the flow of like the 4-6 cylinder kits. I guess I would have to call up holley and see if I could get jus the solenoid. But forget it I am in the process of selling my Zex dry NMU and getting a wet one for a pretty good deal.
I would like to go with something besides zex, so I could hide it and visibly see if there is a leak or anything. But oh well.. Everything is extremely high..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search