SRT4 Plugs - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SRT4 Plugs
Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:30 PM
So I'm running the ngk 4177's but as everyone already knows, they are shorter than stock. Well after reading through the boost forum I saw the SRT4 plugs and I was wondering how well they would work with nitrous. Are they colder than stock? Whats the park # because I saw a couple diff #'s?? Thx

Re: SRT4 Plugs
Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:53 PM
Why not ask in the place they are talkin about it at?
I am not sure about what numbers you are looking for?
Why do you want to change plugs? Tr6's are cheap and effective.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Friday, December 02, 2005 3:38 PM
I'm looking for the part number for the SRT4 plugs....and little info on them.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:48 PM
Don't know if they're colder, but you can find the right sized plug for an SRT4 and get a colder version through summitracing, sparkplugs.com, jegs, etc etc

Sure you could also do a SRT4 performance search on google and find a site that sells colder plugs for it.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:23 AM
the ngk 4177 are still the #1 choice of boosted and juiced cars. the shorter length doesnt effect anything.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:47 PM
what's the difference between the 4177's and the tr6's?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:02 PM
hahhaahhahhaha!! i feel dumb.... they are the same thing

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:37 AM
JB Bika (slo eco) wrote:the shorter length doesnt effect anything.

It effects it but isn't noticeable. The eco wouldn't get as strong a spark as a car would that fit the plug perectly, but again, its a very minimal flaw.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:04 AM
it didnt effect my track times any when i ran w/o the juice. yes i know in theory id does have an effect. but even with stock length, you will have a negligable difference in performance just from the colder heat range. but you are right. the difference is basically not measurable

i dont know about any srt4 plugs. personally i'd wait til more people have tested a specific srt4 plug and gotten positive results.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:36 PM
Here is what i found out in the Boost forum for ecotec plugs...

Rodimus Prime wrote:Actually the OEM plug for an SRT4 is a champion copper plug p/n RE14MCC5 also known as 470

NGK also has a plug that is slightly longer at 25.4mm reach and is a step colder that part number is LZTR5A-13 stock number 4306

Numerous other cars use a 25mm plug not just the SRT4, the 2004 focus 2.0 engine also uses a 25mm plug with the same specs, that is not as good because its not a factory turbo car, other NA cars are Stratus, Concorde, Magnum, the Chrysler 2.4 NA engine, the list goes on etc. however the most easy to find is the SRT4/Cruiser GT plugs, theres more of an aftermarket for them, I gathered on srtforums.com the info pertaining to the two p/ns listed above. These are the two most popular and have had good results gapped at .040

QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:rodimus prime and I have been trying to find an exact plug to fit the ecotec and he has come up with that the SRT-4 plug and our plugs are the same size, thread pitch and everything, so I being the test dummy for the msd will no also be the test dummy for the plugs.. I have my set orderd and will let you all know.

I ordered the NGK Plugs 4306 $2.44 a piece

But they also list a Champion iridium Plug 9403 $8.11 a piece

both plugs can be purchased at http://www.sparkplugs.com

The SRT4 plugs are 1 step colder and the NGK's are 2 steps. I might try the SRT plugs sometime (more than likely when i get back from Afghanistan) so if anyone tryies then post the results please.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search