3.1 2nd gen, whats the biggest shot i can run - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.1 2nd gen, whats the biggest shot i can run
Monday, December 19, 2005 11:04 PM
How big can i go before it gets dangourous for the internals. (yes i know i posted this in the 2nd gen forums)

Re: 3.1 2nd gen, whats the biggest shot i can run
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:24 PM
You know there is no set number your motor could blow with a 25 shot or it could handle a 100 you never really know. But you should be okay running a 50. Take it from there and watch your fuel and so on keep tabs on the plugs etc.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:30 PM
I often wonder this very same thing, because I'd love to get another 2ng gen one day. I'll take mine in maroon / tan interior. Z24 with no other options, and 5 speed, just like my very first jbod. Man that thing would rape my '99 Z24 off the juice. I'd try a 100 shot on it for sure, lol. Not reccomending that you do though, just in case.....

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:47 AM
So theorticly 100 shot max. I figured it would be higher because its a v-6. Thanks for yall help.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:24 PM
Yea it should be higher but I have heard things about the head gasket being bastards and know of 3 people that had 3.1's on juice and bent a valve. I never followed up with them on what exactly caused it. Alls 3 were with a 100 shot though. Thats why personally I would stay 50-75

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:06 PM
Ls1 valve springs would solve the valve problem. But chances are im going blown now, so... yeah. I was able to get ahold of a blower for free. jelous much?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search