How many miles before nitrous.... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How many miles before nitrous....
Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:23 PM
I destroyed the motor in the summer, and finally got it all rebuilt and back on the road.

I am wondering how long you guys are waiting before putting nitrous back on after a freshly built motor?

Re: How many miles before nitrous....
Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:11 PM
I personally would wait about 2000-2500miles. Just to make sure you dont run into any other engine problems. How much do you drive per week?

Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:25 PM
yea but I would also want to make sure that I got a few oil changes done first so you can get any metal shavings from brake in out b4 you spray

Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:55 PM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:yea but I would also want to make sure that I got a few oil changes done first so you can get any metal shavings from brake in out b4 you spray

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:59 PM
also make sure EVERYTHING is up to snuff before you spray ....

Think about it like this .....

if I have a new motor...... thats boosted..... I wouldn't be hitting boost for at least 1000-1500miles......... then slowly bringing into boost and working in the piston rings..... when you break in a new motor that has new rings... they condition best when different levels of rpm are reached.... so city driving is good for breaking in the new motor.... if it's making any wierd noises .... also another sign not to spray....

just use some common sense before your spray for the first time and you should be good to go ........

let us know how the first spray feels....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, November 21, 2005 5:38 AM
Well, I had 1500 kms on it, changed the oil after 300 kms, and then after another 1000.

So here I am on fresh oil, and I finished reinstalling the nitrous.

55 shot. Feels great. Pulls HARD. You can really notice all of what was done to the motor. Plans now to go to an MSD ignition, and up the shot.

I had doubts about putting the spray back on, but when I decided to build it, i went all out, and I'm glad I did. So today I take it out on the road, and I realize everything else I want to do to it now....
Monday, December 12, 2005 5:29 PM
It all depends on how well built the motor is. I sprayed with just 1000 miles on my rebuilt eco with only 1 oil change,but it was 1000 miles of hard city driving.The best way to seat the rings is going 55 mph to 70 mph up and down gradually
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:31 PM
By now it should be broken in and sprayed, I think your a little late.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:08 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:By now it should be broken in and sprayed, I think your a little late.

Oh well you know some one will ask the same question next month.
Monday, December 19, 2005 8:46 PM
Kinda funny how people are all full of advice almost a month later....
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:26 PM
Haha yeah.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search