Best wet kit to use????????? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best wet kit to use?????????
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:46 PM
Who makes the most reliable nitrous kit??? Does anybody make a custom wet kit for the 98 2.4L. What do you guys think of the direct port kits??

Re: Best wet kit to use?????????
Friday, December 16, 2005 12:14 AM
A nice wet kit is the NX kit but that's just my opinion. Your other options are Zex & NOS. I've seen people run on all 3 and have no real issues.

What do you mean by Custom Wet Kit?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:27 AM
there is no best... its all in how you manage it

I Drank 750 Bottles Of Mountain Dew For A XBOX 360.... AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID HAT.
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:09 AM
I have the Cold Fusion wet kit on my 2001 2.4L. It work very fine. I run it at 50 Hp shot but this kit can go up to 200HP shot.

www.coldfudionnitrous.com

I bought the kit for LS1/LT1 (camaro). The only thing I've need to run the kit is a T fitting for fuel line.
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:15 AM
www.coldfusionnitrous.com

Sorry!
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:19 AM
As stated above ther is no "Best" It's all in how you maintain it and install it. Granted the quality of the silinoids might varry from manufacture to manufacture, you shouldn't have any problem going with any of the big three NOS, NX, Zex.....or Nitrous works, Coldfusion, Dynotune are some others people have used and I haven't heard any bad feed back.

Don't forget to check silinoid plungers every once in a while, clean out the nitrous filters, and use the kit in moderation and you should be A-OK.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. or check any of the faqs as they more than likely have an answer to a question you have.

Jeff

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:29 AM
I have seen LS1 kits, Honda kits ect, but iu did not know if there was a secific kit for a 2.4L. I have seen kits that are for 2.2L specificly that have said excluding 2.4L. something about the fuel return line.
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:40 AM
There is no specific kit for 2.4L. All kits can be used on any car, its just the installation that will differ a bit. I bought the LS1 kit that you saw and went to a car parts store and bought a T fitting for the fuel line(the only thing you will need for your 2.4L(LD9) installation that it's not included in this kit).

You can also buy this T fitting from www.coldfusionnitrous.com.

I've install it myself so if you need other advice or info just contact me!

Good luck!
Monday, December 19, 2005 10:59 PM
I prefer Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) but then again I'm old school. NOS has been doing it longer than anyone, so thats my pick. You want wet fogger style.

Nitrous Oxide systems:
Summit: God i feel like a jackass. I can't find NOS's efi kit in here.
Jegs: Power fogger efi : 599 "Tack-on 35-125 extra horse power to any mpfi, yada yada, universal kit, yada yada, 600 bucks.

Nx:
Summit: Don't carry nx to my knowledge, if they do i sure as heck can't find it.
Jegs: Efi single nozzel system: Works on any car, 4 cylinder to v-12, works on any efi equipped vehical. No timing adjustments, no fuel upgrades.gm, 590 bucks.

Trick flow makes nitrous kits, i hear mixed things about them.

Texas nitrous works, i hear excelent things.

I hear the zex isn't exactly high quality.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:35 PM
Chris Dickinson wrote:I prefer Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) but then again I'm old school. NOS has been doing it longer than anyone,

Eh, not really. Nitrous Works has been around just as long (Barry Grant subsidary). And Barry Grant has been around as long as Holley has.

That being said, I still have to agree with Dark Drake and Juice pushrods.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:35 PM
All of the systems above are great Nitrous kits. Another smaller company that I have been looking at lately and have heard all great things from is here........http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:37 PM
All of the systems above are great Nitrous kits. Another smaller company that I have been looking at lately and have heard all great things from is here........DynoTuning

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:40 PM
^^^Dont know what happend there.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:01 AM
Nitro wrote:
Chris Dickinson wrote:I prefer Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) but then again I'm old school. NOS has been doing it longer than anyone,

Eh, not really. Nitrous Works has been around just as long (Barry Grant subsidary). And Barry Grant has been around as long as Holley has.

That being said, I still have to agree with Dark Drake and Juice pushrods.

I agree with jucie pushrods to. NOS to the best of my knowledge is the one who really got nitrous going. From what i understand NOS really are the people who brought nitrous to mainstream racers.
Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:47 PM
I'd say that Zex is probably the best because it is soo much easier to install than the others and it alot safer

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:31 PM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:I'd say that Zex is probably the best because it is soo much easier to install than the others and it alot safer

how is Zex safer, in your opinion?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search