Dry->Wet->Direct Port - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dry->Wet->Direct Port
Monday, December 26, 2005 11:29 PM
on an Eco, a dry kit can run a 35 shot without a problem, a wet kit can run a 75 shot without a problem, so can a Direct Port kit do more than 75 on stock internals? Makes sense at 1:30 am.

Re: Dry->Wet->Direct Port
Monday, December 26, 2005 11:35 PM
You can have problems with any shot with any kit.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, December 26, 2005 11:36 PM
darkstars ran a 100 on a wet kit. its not the size of the shot. its the rods went at like 283 hp. besides u can only run so big of a shot on pump fuel

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:47 PM
That might be a little to close for that heavy of a shot. The n20 and fuel might not atomize in time.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:59 PM
^^ explain. not calling bs or anything. i can kind of understand where your coming from, but with that big of a shot, theres alot of nitrous and fuel going in.
besides, less chance of puddling

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:35 PM
yea but your always told to keep the nozzle like 4-8" away from the TB. Reason being is so all the cylinders can get a close to even amount and so the fuel and n20 atomizes properly b4 it's sucked into the combustion chamber. Plus your less likely to puddle in the intake yes but puddling can still occur. This is what I was under the imppression of I'm not 100% on this but, I'd rather make it known so he can look into rather then find out the hard way that there may be some truth to it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:11 PM
Wouldn't you have to retard timing a couple degrees also?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:33 PM
wouldnt have to pull timing if u use high enough octane.

the 4-8" fron the TB is so that there shoudl be an even amount in each intake runner so each cylinder gets the same. direct port since it mounts in each intake runner gets the same equal amount per cylinder.
iv heard of that but dont know anyone that has had that kind of problem. maybe if the shot was extremely big. like 150-200+

Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:10 PM
Well I know that for direct port but didn't he say he was going to put a single fogger in the TB?

Never mind I see what I did I posted this all in the wrong nitrous topic. fu(king owned myself lol.

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:37 AM
yea, each runner gets it own fogger so all is theoreticaly equal... tune off Wide Band and EGT.

Friday, January 20, 2006 6:58 AM
What about spraying from the bottom? Maybe the angle of the shot could make a difference and avoid puddling if you spray up

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search