Just have a few questions - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just have a few questions
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:47 PM
I have seen a lot of people in this forum saying that they are running a 75shot with hopes of getting into the 14's, however has anyone actually achieved this goal? I am going to try to get into the high 14's with a zex 65 shot, bolt-ons, and some gutting and wanted to know if it is possible, or if I am just dreaming again. I do not want to max out my stock internals, or blow my engine, because this is my daily driver. Also, is it possible to run a 65 shot without an msd dis 2, because that s**t is expensive, and I am trying to have this thing into that time range by the summer. Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. oh yeah, I have a 2200OHV motor.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2148993/1

Re: Just have a few questions
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:53 PM
14's on a 75 is extremly possible. Only run I have actually tried to measure was one on a G-tech. I had a 13.8 and compared those #'s to a few others with similar mods and that seemed to be accurate. I know it's not a run at the track But yes 14's are not a problem.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:54 PM
opps just seen you have a 2.2. Never really paid any attention to there times on a 65 - 75. So ignore my post lol sorry.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:57 PM
what about 14's on an auto ecotec with a 75 shot?

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:35 AM
SloCavi: Well, nitrous in general isnt a great idea for a daily driver, especially a 65 shot. BBallJamal is running a 75 shot i think and im pretty sure he hands with 14 second cars. I dunno tho, the way you are talking like you dont want to spend money. To go faster and be more reliable you have to spend money dude. That's just how it goes. MSD is expensive but worth it in the end, just depends how far you are willing to go.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Friday, December 30, 2005 9:00 AM
It is not that I am not willing to spend the money,it is just, it will take longer to build, and I want to have it there by the summer. I have also been hearing bad things about the DIS 2 affecting reliability.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:29 PM
The main thing with the durability on the dis 2 is when used with the adaptor plates on the little metal prongs that slide in the coils are so thin that they do not make a good solid contact and while the car will be fine for a while it could get worse . Most people either A: twist the prongs a little to ensure that they make full contact or B: add very thing metal to the teeth to beef up the prongs.

I know you have the ich to get the 2200 on the juice as quick a possible but you could regret it later. I ran 13 bottles ( 6 were 50 shot 7 were 75 shot ) through my 2200 in 3 months and it took quite well for how i used it. i didn't use it just for a quarter mile or short burts. I used it to race , pass ,merge, do big burn outs, and other stupid things. eventually i spun a # one rod bearing. While this sucked big hairy balls at the time, it wasn't to bad as I had money saved for another motor and i had another car to drive already. Needless to say the old motor will be build to the moon and will have between 75-125 hp on the bottle this time around and i will also be going direct port this time with more safe gaurds.

If you have any questions or need any help as to how to set it up for your car email me or wait a few days for me to respond as i dont always check the boards.

Now if you will pardon me by so co is getting warm.

Jeff

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:58 PM
Does no one respond in this forum?

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:48 PM
hstylez wrote:BBallJamal is running a 75 shot i think and im pretty sure he hands with 14 second cars

Yup, everytime we tested it out it came out the same with my friends consistent 14.5 hatch. All he has is a LS vtec swap in a completely stripped hatch on some Azenis and I kept with him.

I'm deffinately thinking I can grab a mid 13 on a 100shot and some DRs. I'm piecing together a pretty nice MSD set-up right now and trying to get a nitrous controller to have everything run through that.

Good luck on whatever you do man. 65shot on a ohv wouldn't give you 14s on the first 1-3 trips to the track but once you get the hang of launching ON the nitrous and getting traction too you'll easily grab that 14!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:48 PM
It is not as busy as the performance form but what questions do you still have?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search