Ecotec spark plugs - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec spark plugs
Monday, December 26, 2005 10:12 AM
I read in one of the other posts that the NGK Tr6 Plugs are a bad choice to run in the Ecotec because the threads are exposed to combustion, increasing the likelyhood of detonation. I'm looking to install a 50 shot NX wet kit on my 2004 Cavalier and, originally, those were the plugs I was going to choose to run. However, now I am a bit more concerned about the plugs I choose. Can anyone provide more information about spark plugs for the Ecotec and what would be the safest plugs for my application?

Re: Ecotec spark plugs
Monday, December 26, 2005 11:23 PM
the TR6's are the best ones for nitrous whoever told you different was wrong any one with nitrous will vouch for that

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:54 PM
ngk tr6 #4177 r what i'm using
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:15 PM

TR6s are not designed for use in an ECO.

TR6s are 18mm long

ECOs use 25.5mm long plugs.

But both plugs, and probably 90% of all automotive plugs, have 14mm x 1.0 threads.

So a ton of JBOers have decide "they screw in.... they must be right"

But that doesn't change that fact that they are the wrong plug for an ECO.

There does seem to be a movement to SRT-4 plugs now. I don't have any proof that they are colder, but at least they are the same length and design that an ECO requires.

sig not found
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:41 PM
Yes they are shorter then stock but in no way has it been proved to hurt performance in any way.

I would also recomment autolite 103's . They are cheap and you can change those as often as every other oil change depending on how much you have been spraying.

As for the length of these plugs, they do work. It would be nice to find some that are the same length as stock and 1 step colder. Untill I find those I will keep running autolite 103's.

If you find out anymore info on the srt plugs please post it up.

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:07 AM
Fatalic, do you have the p/n for the Autolites?
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:12 AM
and Is it a good assumtion that the NGK TR6's are the ones that come up as V-power when I type in 4177 as a p/n at summit and sparkplugs.com?
Monday, January 02, 2006 7:21 PM
I run Autolite 103 4 for 6 bucks

works great
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:36 PM
JuicedEco wrote:and Is it a good assumtion that the NGK TR6's are the ones that come up as V-power when I type in 4177 as a p/n at summit and sparkplugs.com?

yes. that is the right plug.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:52 PM
JuicedEco wrote:Fatalic, do you have the p/n for the Autolites?

Just go to autozone and say "I need 4 autolite #103's" lol they have them no pn # requiered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search