supercharger & n02, whats a good setup? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharger & n02, whats a good setup?
Monday, September 05, 2005 6:08 PM
hey my supercharger wants to play nastaaay with some n02 and i was wondering whats the best kit to get for my car that will run with it safely. Id like to have when the car is in full throttle the n02 is juicing the engine. My car has no internal work at all but it has header, catback, bored throttle body, gm superhcarger and a intake and its a 4 spd automatic. Whats the best type of shot to put on the engine in racing or track terms, dry or wet and what brands have the best n02 setup and what do you guys recommend. thanks

Re: supercharger & n02, whats a good setup?
Monday, September 05, 2005 6:48 PM
I reccomend a 35shot of any wet or dry kit for your application. I say dry kit also because using the supercharger you probably already have an FMU and/or FPR for your fuel system which tunes the vital part of a dry system that scared most people away from them(fuel).

If you run an NX wet kit for example, the fuel pressure must be at 47psi for you to be able to use the NX jetting guide provided. WIth a FPR you can easily tell and monitor that with a fuel pressure gauge.

Shot : N2o Jet: Fuel Jet: Fuel Pressure:

35 31 18 47
50 35 20 47
75 41 24 47

If you're not running an FPR and there's concern about where your fuel pressure is, then I recommend you get a Fuel pressure safety switch...if your fuel pressure gets too low, it'll cut the nitrous and prevent you from killing youe engine

Also most people like to run with Zex nitrous because it's easier of an install and also I believe it has the capability to cut the nitrous also when the fuel pressure is low. Also the zex has a box to tell the system when to spray the nitrous as it hooks up to your TPS located on your TB, unlike most other kits.

So as you can see you'll be fine with any kit you get made for a 4cyl efi engine, whether it be NX, Zex, NOS, Edelbrock, etc

Just for info i've known of two GM s/c'ed cars to run a 50 wet shot fine through a good tune. Might want to grab an MSD DIS-II just to be sure about that big of a shot on an already boosted motor. Later!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:08 AM
the only safe way to run a wet shot on a s/c is to have it direct port into the manifold. fuel will eat the teflon coating off the blowers internals. i would recommend a small dry shot of n2o.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:54 PM
can anyone link me to a good priced and a good kit? im looking at getting a zex kit cause ive heard good things about it. Also how i can do a direct port into the manifold as the post above says, cant i just drill a hole in the intake and go that way? thanks

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 3:38 PM
Didn't know fuel ate away at the teflon, so you want to go with a dry set-up. All zex kits will be priced just about the same across the internet......

A good company that alot of people around my area have been dealing with lately has been Dynotune. Pretty high quality parts without the price jack up a more well known company would have.

For your car the first kit listed on this page would work perfect and at $350 its a steal Here

Also a direct port system is more of a professional route to nitrous installation and would allow you to run well over a 200shot of nitrous because of how advanced the system is at fuel/nitrous delivery into your intake manifold. Instead of having one nozzle that sprays into your TB as you wished to do, it taps into each intake runner in the intake manifold and sprays individual nozzles into however many intake runners you have. Being we have a 4cyl, we would have 4 nozzles spraying in. I'm pretty sure you can't run anything below a 75shot while on a direct port system so I'd stay away from it.

Quote:

cant i just drill a hole in the intake and go that way?

As said before I guess the fuel eats away at the teflon inside the supercharger so that wouldn't be the way to go (By that I mean a wet kit isn't the way to go). With a dry set-up it only sprays nitrous into your intake and not a mix of both fuel and nitrous

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:10 PM
a guy a few towns away from me i seen has a venom dry system for sale with everything the kit came with for only $400 usd. He has it on his 2001 z24 cavy and he said he had it direct ported through his aem intake so it went to the t/b after you put the car in full throttle (4spd auto he has), would this kit work with my car as well. Its similar to this one but for a 2000-2002 2.4 http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&autofilter=1&part=VNM%2DN45%2D181&N=400257+304977&autoview=sku

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:55 AM
if its in his AEM intake, its not direct port. that is called single fogger. direct port injection is only achieved when fuel and n2o is injected into each intake runner on the manifold.
yes, the venom dry kit will work on your car.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:33 PM
awesome, i picked up the kit tonight, came with everything and a 10lb venom bottle and a NOS 10lb bottle, all for $400

Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:18 AM
I was going to say...ehh 400 not that great, but everything plus 2 bottles...thats not bad. I wish I had a second 10lb bottle. If you're interested in getting rid of one just let me know =P lol

Friday, September 09, 2005 7:58 AM
Should have looked a little more. I have the complete VCN-2000 system for sale with everything + purge and gauge for $500.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:33 PM
Ok has anyone heard of someone running direct port and a turbo. Or is that just to much for the engine. this is the closest thread i could find.
thnx

Friday, December 16, 2005 4:48 PM
Its safe with 1psi and a 10 shot
Seriously though, we need tangible numbers

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:51 AM
^^^^Juiced,

I have a few I'm trying to get rid of.

I'm running a mutt 75hp system with 20psi (only tuned for 10 right now, freshly built motor.)
I've got a painted 10lb NX bottle, NOS lines, Cold Fusion solenoids, NX direct port nozzles in the intake manifold, custom fuel and nitrous distribution rails, a NOS progressive nitrous controller and an MSD multi-stepper wired to my MSD 6al pulling timing for nitrous.

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:04 PM
MINION - i just emailed u, hope ur serious about sellin a bottle

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:06 PM
also, isnt there a place you can drill into the SC where you can safely put a wetshot? And is it safe to run nitrous when you don't have the reflash? thanks

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search