I heard that the Ecotec is capable of high doses. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I heard that the Ecotec is capable of high doses.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:58 PM
Is it true that the Ecotec is capable of 75-100 shot of dry? I was told by a performance shop also that the Ecotec was designed to handle a lot of power. (up to 500 Hp). After 500 horses your push rods go out.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS

Re: I heard that the Ecotec is capable of high doses.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:10 PM
I would say no.

That's what finished mine off. Go wet, ask the other guys what they suggest. Plus the rods are supposed to be good to about 250, not 500.
Re: I heard that the Ecotec is capable of high do
Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:18 PM
First off i hope he meant something else cause the Ecotec doesnt have pushrods. and GM reported that the stock connecting rods went at 283 hp with nitrous and a retuned ECU.
this should give you a start on what the ecotec is made of http://www.year2032.com/ecotec.htm

BUT of course every car is different theres guys on here with boost running almost 300 whp on stock internals

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:30 AM
wow

:thumbs down to this post:

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:03 AM
yeah I recomend not going back to that shop EVER. a 75-100 dry shot on any 4 banger is a BAD idea, a stock eco will hold nowhere near 500 HP on stock internals, and the eco doesn't have push rods..... its DOHC

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:27 AM
That clears it all up, I thought that sounded a little far fetched. And oops I meant to say connecting rods. So go with wet, and yes I can go 75-100 shot ???

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:09 PM
a wet 75 shot with different plugs and if you run higher octane gas maybe a 100 shot every now and then though there are some on here that have run 100 shot numerous times

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:26 PM
Eviltec Art wrote:Is it true that the Ecotec is capable of 75-100 shot of dry? I was told by a performance shop also that the Ecotec was designed to handle a lot of power. (up to 500 Hp). After 500 horses your push rods go out.

you dont have push rods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/663190
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:27 PM
nevermind that issue has already been addressed i should have read further sorry bout that guys

-Steve

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/663190
Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:02 PM
steve winchell wrote:nevermind that issue has already been addressed i should have read further sorry bout that guys

-Steve

Yup! GOod you catched yourself though cause someone would've wanted to flame you!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:13 PM
steve winchell wrote:
Eviltec Art wrote:Is it true that the Ecotec is capable of 75-100 shot of dry? I was told by a performance shop also that the Ecotec was designed to handle a lot of power. (up to 500 Hp). After 500 horses your push rods go out.

you dont have push rods
Already got that covered !!!

Monday, January 02, 2006 7:10 PM
You know you dont have pushrods right?.................lol j/k

Monday, January 02, 2006 7:20 PM
push rods LOL

I put 75 wet with diff plugs 93 octane

Also the ecotec wont handle 500 on stock engine. The pistons are thin as @!#$ wont handle much more then 250 on the pistons,but with better pistons it is possible to see 400 with no problem,more then that the rods will bend.The block will handle whatever you through at it.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:35 PM
no. the rods will all simultaneously fail when you approach 283hp. that is the weakest point as far as horsepower is concerned. a 75hp wet shot is the max recommended for a stock internal ecotec by GM in the ecotec build manual. anymore is really trying your luck.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:57 PM
75 shot with a timing retard and some extra fuel, usually of a wet shot, and I would at least do an external fuel pump just to make things safer.

Only ecotec built from GM able to withstand high doses are the SS cobalts and Redlines, they can take a dry shot of 75 like a champ. Seen it done.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:36 PM
just keep it at a 75 wet until you upgrade the internals and can modify timing an fuel then go with all you want

The one, the only, ME.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search