CO2 Purge System - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CO2 Purge System
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:53 AM
So I have been researching a CO2 purge system not unlike the infamous 2Fast 2Furious Nissan. I plan on making it happen on my 2002 Sunfire, but I am not sure about a few things and am hoping maybe I can have some light shined in on this.

My questions are:

What kind of line pressure will this have to be at? Reccommend a pressure regulator?

I want to wire in an arming switch (for the entire system) and a execution switch, how would I go about doing this exactly?

I am aware that welding shops supply CO2, but will they do it to a homemade system?

Thats all I can think of at the moment. And insight or something I may have missed would be appreciated. Current kits are hanging around $400-$600, I am shooting for a homemade system for about $200 or so.

Got american muscle in my arms and under my hood

Re: CO2 Purge System
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:09 PM
bottom line for the amount it takes to get a real nice purge like you would get out of a REAL n2o system your better off buying a REAL n2o system imo.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:49 PM
Just wait until 3Fast 3Furious comes out, it will show you step by step how to make a fake ricer purge kit.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:52 PM
We can only hope, move this @!#$ to the newbies forum.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:42 PM
Agreed on everything said.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:48 PM
the bottle alone will cost you a good chunk, unles you use a smaller CO2 bottle for paintball, a solenoid will run u anywhere from 50-100 bucks so you are close to your mark there, lines arent cheap misc wires and what not will just add more to the cost

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Friday, November 18, 2005 6:06 AM
I have had my questions answered from another source, except on whether or not a non-shady shop would fill my system (it would be homemade).

If your definition of a newbie is someone that doesn't know everything about putting nitrous in a cavalier (I can't help but laugh at that, its a cavalier, GM designed them with a few things in mind, one was not nitrous) then go right ahead.

Did you ever stop to consider that the system can easily be converted into a working nitrous system? Or how about a little show with some go in a separate tank (nitrous IS $5 a pound as compared to CO2 at about $1 a pound). If you do the math, CO2 would quickly pay for itself. Lets try and not expand the "definition" of ricer to thinking ahead.

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:24 AM
Did you ever stop to consider that purging a nitrous sytem has a purpose and it isn't to show off.

You might as well mount an intercooler in your front bumper and get the fake turbo and blow off valve sounds maker from e bay.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:44 AM
Obviously. A short purge of the lines is all that is required. A large show-off purge would be costly, not to mention I need the warantee on my daily driver. I DO want a show-off purge. This system can be converted when the warantee is over or whenever I feel like it.

If I wanted to really show off, I could just get a body kit (unlike this system, its visible all the time!). Oh wait. All you guys have that. Nevermind then.

By the way thanks for all the helpful answers!

End Sarcasm

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:47 AM
Edit:

The references to my warantee are stating that I do not have the option of installing a full nitrous kit at the time.

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:18 PM
So why hook it up to CO2 if this is all "to be converted" after your warranty is up?

Quit BS'ing us and admit that you're a poser who wants to purge for that show effect. If you really had intent of hooking up an actual nitrous kit you wouldn't have made this post.......................and you don't make "homemade" systems to later be used with a real nitrous kit...so just fess up and quit trying to cover your ass.

...BTW I don't have a bodykit .

Friday, November 18, 2005 2:02 PM
Quote:

Quit BS'ing us and admit that you're a poser who wants to purge for that show effect.

americanmuscle wrote:Obviously. I DO want a show-off purge.

thank you for restating the obvious. I however am not a "poser". My Trans Am will piss all over any Cavalier that is Street Legal. Again, this is a show effect. You know, for show?

Quote:

If you really had intent of hooking up an actual nitrous kit you wouldn't have made this post.......................and you don't make "homemade" systems to later be used with a real nitrous kit...

I plan on hooking up nitrous on something someday. Not right now. I don't see how wanting information about a system before trying to install it makes it seem like I don't want the system. The system I am installing prepares some of the ground work of installing a nitrous kit (bottle, solenoid, mounting setup, lines, switches, etc.) and at the same time does not void my warantee. I don't see a problem with making my own kit as compared to buying one out of Summit.

You seriously need to take more time reading my posts rather than just typing.

On the plus side, I have had my questions answered by a professional and I am going shopping soon!

Friday, November 18, 2005 2:11 PM
Let's see this badass Trans Am. I know a Cavalier that is street legal I'd love to see it "piss all over"...................and certainly if you can build a TA that's running low 12's as this street legal Cavalier is I'd love to know why you needed to consult "a professional" about building a poser n2o kit.

Friday, November 18, 2005 3:07 PM
americanmuscle wrote: its a cavalier, GM designed them with a few things in mind, one was not nitrous) .

Hey in my opinion, if GM conviently left a schrader valve for a simple plug-n-play then thats close enough.

americanmuscle wrote: If your definition of a newbie is someone that doesn't know everything about putting nitrous in a cavalier (I can't help but laugh at that,

Your not putting nitrous in a cavalier, your putting a homemade c02 purge system.

americanmuscle wrote: homemade system

americanmuscle wrote: Did you ever stop to consider that the system can easily be converted into a working nitrous system?

Sorry dude, but homemade and nitrous don't go over to well with me. There are certain things you just shouldn't be cheap with, like: condoms, toilet paper, chinese food and nitrous kits!

Friday, November 18, 2005 4:01 PM
Dude but he has this super sweet Trans-Am to go fast!

Thanks Matt for proving that I'm not the only one who thinks this post is all BS ................

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:09 PM
Alright, lock this thing, obviously this guy is the epitomy of a dumb a$$.....i dont have a body kit, but dont talk @!#$ about them , there are some sweet, clean ass kits out there. You talk bad about them because you cant install one. If you cant even get the basics down enough to install or even comprehend a nitrous system, how to plan on mounting and painting a body kit to make it look nice. I mean, body kits are a huge rice bucket compared to a homemade CO2 purge kit!!!!!! hahaha, I just made myself laugh, and if you "arent rice" you would laugh too...but your pissed instead. Wait, you want the one body kit out there, mmmm, i call it the, Not One Strait Line On It At All Kit, It Confuses My Brain When I Look At It, kit....Hey if you get it, I'll paint it for you, If you talk dirty to me, I might put some ricer paint job and install some vinal graphics on it for you. GM didnt have a lot of things in mind for a cavalier when it was on a drawing board, like doing a 12 second quarter mile, nope, they didnt ahve that in mind, but its being done. I can BET you they didnt have some ricer wanting a homemade CO2 system installed in his "Cavalier" in mind either, actually, I'm pretty sure they would be proud of some of the 1/4 times that fly around here, but most of all they would be most proud of the homemade CO2 purge kit....pffffft...haha...my work is done. For further preference, dont knock other peoples mods when the mod you want is a CO2 purge kit. Bye
Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:16 PM
Fst Cavy wrote:Alright, lock this thing, obviously this guy is the epitomy of a dumb a$$.....i dont have a body kit, but dont talk @!#$ about them , there are some sweet, clean ass kits out there. You talk bad about them because you cant install one. If you cant even get the basics down enough to install or even comprehend a nitrous system, how to plan on mounting and painting a body kit to make it look nice. I mean, body kits are a huge rice bucket compared to a homemade CO2 purge kit!!!!!! hahaha, I just made myself laugh, and if you "arent rice" you would laugh too...but your pissed instead. Wait, you want the one body kit out there, mmmm, i call it the, Not One Strait Line On It At All Kit, It Confuses My Brain When I Look At It, kit....Hey if you get it, I'll paint it for you, If you talk dirty to me, I might put some ricer paint job and install some vinal graphics on it for you. GM didnt have a lot of things in mind for a cavalier when it was on a drawing board, like doing a 12 second quarter mile, nope, they didnt ahve that in mind, but its being done. I can BET you they didnt have some ricer wanting a homemade CO2 system installed in his "Cavalier" in mind either, actually, I'm pretty sure they would be proud of some of the 1/4 times that fly around here, but most of all they would be most proud of the homemade CO2 purge kit....pffffft...haha...my work is done. For further preference, dont knock other peoples mods when the mod you want is a CO2 purge kit. Bye

No clue who this post is directed towards or what on earth you are attempting to say, it just makes no sense to me...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Friday, November 25, 2005 3:23 PM
All I know is I really could care less who wants to do what to their car, it's not mine. If I am asked what I think about it I will give my OPINIONS about it in a tasteful manner (some people just like really weird things and I'm not going to make them feel bad about it). BUT if you come off as a %$#&tard then I could really give 2 $hits about them and I'll speak my mind (depending on my mood).

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:13 PM
This has nothing to do with nitrous, not even any nitrogen involved...so why is it in this forum?
americanmuscle wrote:My Trans Am will piss all over any Cavalier that is Street Legal
haha

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:56 PM
Theres no need for C02. Try connecting your fuel line to a spark plug and starting your engine.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:15 PM
if you want to do it that is your own thing.

i would recommend going with nitrous but hey what can i say. you will not find a shop that will give you a fill up without a real approved container. not even a shady shop. they don't want to blow themselves or waste co2 with a ton of @!#$ty welds leaking everywhere. so first thing you need to do is buy a nice container. paint gun co2, nos sneaky pete, or even a co2 container from a soda company. you want something small enough to fit whereever you want it to be. you also want a twist top on it so you don't have to buy a solenoid. so that way you can turn it on and off. next you need a line that will be safe. i recommend a nitrous line for this. hook up the nitrous line through your adapters to your co2 tank run the line wherever you want it to go out and just twist the handle to make it "purge".

* note i don't support this idea but if this is what you want to do this is the easiest and cheapest route.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search