compression for n2o? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
compression for n2o?
Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:42 AM
I keep on getting mixed feedbacks from people on the compression I should run with nitrous. I always thought that nitrous loves higher compression, you just have to make sure the fuel is near perfect, then I've had other people tell me that nitrous is better on lower compression. I'm nearing the point wear I'm about to rebuild a bottom end and just need to know which direction is the best for compression. Thanks.

Re: compression for n2o?
Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:02 PM
Well, nitrous is prone to detonation, so you always need to use good gas when spraying, regardless of your compression ratio. Also, high compression engines need good gas, because they too, are prone to detonation. The key here is if you want to run both, you need to have the proper cam to get the desired cylinder pressures. A big cam will help bleed off cylinder pressures at lower rpms, which is where most high compression engines will detonate under load. So If you want to go high compresion, keep that in mind. High compression+stock or too mild of a cam=detonation prone, especially on spray. If you want to keep a mild cam, go easy on the compression.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:43 PM
timing and gas like Nitro said will be big things unless you can control those stay away
i myself am planning on 11:1 with a 150 shot minimum on my ecotec with it built and balanced and all of course

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:50 PM
cool i've got the 2.2 ohv, i was planning on running 10.5:1 compression and probably a 100 shot-150 shot, timing i've got under control, going to get the msd dis II and more than likely the apexi control unit. For fuel delivery do you think the 190 lph walbro pump will be sufficient or should I go with the 255 lph? What are you keeping your a/f ratio at nitro? I was planning on keeping it at 13.8 that way it shouldn't lean out when on nitrous.
Guess I need to call JBPerformance on the cam specs, was planning on running their stage 2 cam but not sure if that will suffice enough now. hell more than likely I think i'm just gonna end up buying the crate bottom end from JBP, a little bit of a price tag on it, but they know their stuff from what I've been gathering.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:29 PM
ive got there stage 2's for the ecotec and im not to worried running 11:1 and a 150 shot when im done building

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:29 AM
My A/F's are around 13.5 off the juice and around 11.5 on it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search