direct port or single fogger ? is it a big diff ? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
direct port or single fogger ? is it a big diff ?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:24 PM
i was going to go with a direct port kit but i started checking prices and they are alot more . and i was wondering is there that big of a difference ? im building a 2200 so if i can save some cash that i dont need to spend that would be great. lol.i want to spray around a 125 shot poss a 150 we will see. this is a wet kit .

13's or blowning it. one way or the other!

Re: direct port or single fogger ? is it a big diff ?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:14 PM
the problem with a single fogger is it only sprays from one point... which has a few down sides... on a big shot fuel will puddle in the intake manifold because you have to spray it pre throttle body, also the amount of nitrous going to each cylider is inconsistant, all 4 cylinders will recive differnt amounts at different times. Also if theres a nitrous backfire there is gas filling more of the intake track so the backfarther will be bigger and cover more area.

with dirrect port each cylinder has its own nozzle, its mounted stright into the intake runner right before the intake port on the head.... there is nowhere for fuel to puddle, each cylinder gets exactly the same amount of nitrous/gas as the others.

100 shot is about the max you'd want to go on a single fogger nozzle, if you want to go as high as a 125-150 shot you deffinetly need to spend the extra cash for the dirrect port. I remeber reading somewhere about somone the killed an engine or something liek that from spray to big a shot form a single nozzle, nitrous is extremely cold and there was so much it froze the throttle plate open, which means you finish your run pop it in nuetral start slowing down and the car is still at wide open throttle and still spraying. Granted thats a very very very rare thing but its always possible. definetly go direct port for that high of a shot. another thign to consider is a progressive controler.... cause when you instantly double the whp of a car it is not gonna get traction till probobally 3rd gear (in a 5-speed) not to mention the instant shock on the drivetrain from a shot that big hitting that fast.

do it right or you WILL break somehting

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search