racing on track with Zex - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
racing on track with Zex
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:58 PM
Okay just figured i ask. This is a newbish question but... Tree goes green do i wait till 3rd and 2500 to spray or right as i leave the line and trough the shifts (cuts out when not at WOT)

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site

Re: racing on track with Zex
Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:25 PM
What size shot are you running? What tires are you running? How well is the track prepped? You could spray even in first gear if you wanted to as long as you can hook up. Let's say your running a 50 shot on good street tires and you know how to launch your car well enough to get it hooked up quick. As soon as the tires are hooked, you can spray. You don't hav eto wait for a certain gear, although if you're gonna try spraying in first, it would be a really good idea to have your system on an RPM window switch in addition to the WOT switch. That way, you can program the system to turn on and off based on rpm. Great thing to have, really, so you don't have to look at the tach to figure out when you can spray, and when you can't. On DR's, I can spray my 100 shot in first, although sometimes I wonder if it really helps any.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:38 PM
so as long as the tires hook I'll be fine. Doesn't matter what gear so long as im in my rpm window and WOT.

I'll look into getting that window switch.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:46 PM
Whats a good one to use? MSD or Dynotune?

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Monday, January 16, 2006 4:03 PM
MSD > *

Monday, January 16, 2006 5:45 PM
I personally would be real careful about spraying in first. That gear is really short as it is and if you're not careful you can end up roasting your motor or even your tranny. Like they said, if you ARE going to spray in first, use a RPM window switch so you don't cook your motor or tranny because that gear is going to wind out WAY quick.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:24 AM
Wouldnt dare do it in 1st anyway. maybe in 2nd but i dont think ill spray in first

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:11 PM
couldnt you start in 2nd if you had a good clutch and were spraying like 100 shot?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search