how much to retard a eco w/75shot?? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how much to retard a eco w/75shot??
Monday, January 16, 2006 8:43 PM
I just made a couple of purchases(nx wet kit,cai,header lightend flywheel stage 3 clutch) and i am going to order adj. cam gears from gm and I was wonderin how much to retard my timing?? Also I have heard about replacing the fuel pump for safer fuel pressure, who sells the best one for the ecotec, and does anyone know what kind of horsepower im lookin to have??

STREET RACING IS DUMB, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND TO IT

Re: how much to retard a eco w/75shot??
Monday, January 16, 2006 9:07 PM
ok you mentioned the adjustable cam gears right before retarding the timing.... just to be clear you do realize retarding the timing refers to ignition timing not cam timing right? Unless the eco is very modied mesisng with cam timing won't do much of anything for you.

A 75 shot on the ecotec doesn't require retarding the ignition timing, its not a bad idea but not needed. The fuel pump you do not need. Just run premium gas and non platinum colder plugs, (SRT-4 plugs, Autolite #103, Ngk TR-6). The only issue you might have if fuel puddling in the intake manifold (cause of the crappy scroll design) which if it backfies you might be looking at buying a new throttle body or intake manifold. Not a whole lot you can do to avoid that, its just part of running a singgle nozzle.

Your join date is very recnet so I'll go easy on you for the hp question.... no 2 cars are the same, there is no mathematical formula to hw much power you will have.... example - 145 HP stock + 10 for intake + 15 for exhaust = 170 hp... it doesn't work that way, noone will ever give you an acurate number without getting it dyno'd.

one last thing... since you bought the intake and header... get the motor mounts, trust me. also fill out your profile

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:49 PM
very well said

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:49 PM
ok cool so no need for the cam gears, i was told that I needed them but i knew that someone here would really know. To retard the ignition timing do I need an msd ignition?? And yes I know that every car is differant , mine could have 140 or 148 not 145 i was just wanting a guesstamate. I am taking my car to Nopi in memphis in august( i think ) to get it dyno'd I was just wonderin. oh who makes the best motor mounts?? Thanks for your help

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:42 AM
prothane motor mounts are all the same... the cheapest might be carcustoms or Jason at A plus performance. As far as the 75 shot goes... after dynoing at a waping 158 whp with a 55 shot I upped it to a 75 and havent had any problems so far. I didnt retard the timing and I dont have cams (yet). I was running the TR6 sparkplugs and without the use of the N2O im now using the stock SRT4 plugs (will try the nitrous on those today).

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:28 AM
sweet thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search