bad nitrous setup - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: bad nitrous setup
Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:35 PM
That's what I couldn't understand. Was there a nozzle with a jet? Toss the TB spacer and buy a new one that comes with the proper fitting.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:22 AM
I think you're intake mod may also be bypassing your air filter Shayne, may want to check into that.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:40 AM
Not sure what is accurate, inaccurate, or just misunderstood in this setup, but here is some info in the order it should be/is hooked up.

Also sorry if some, most, or all of this has been addressed. I spaced out while trying to read all the posts after several comments that did nothing to remedy the situation.

Bottle in glove box--- location isn't a big deal, but just how small is this "bottle"? a ten pound bottle (standard bottle) is unlikely to ever fit in any glove box. Sounds kinda like the bottle is too small to support much of a shot. (Are sure this isn't an Ebay "mini" system?)

Solenoid location--- Mounting the solenoid at the bottle is not insanely wrong. But it will cause the system to "come on" really slowly, kinda like a majorly oversized turbo spooling up. The nitrous is vaporizing in the lines as it cools them so it really slows the volume until the lines are cold enough to transfer all liquid nitrous to the engine.
Also, the long lines will take a significant time to bleed out after the system is turned off. That alone could do serious engine damage during shifts, etc.
Moving the solenoid closer to the injector (nozzle) will make it "hit" harder.

Fuel pressure branch--- never mentioned at all and therefore, seems to be missing. On a dry setup, a small amount of nitrous is branched off to the fuel pressure regulator to bump up fuel pressure and cause the system to inject the extra fuel needed for the nitrous. Without this, engine will go boom.

Jet--- usually in between the end of the hose/line after the solenoid and the injector (nozzle). It is a restriction that controls the flow and hence the "shot size". Sounds possible that it could be missing here too.
The Jet also causes nitrous line pressure to be high enough to keep the nitrous liquid and provide the pressure needed to raise the fuel pressure.
The Jet is held by the Injector. Both are machined to fit together.

Injector--- aka Nozzle. This is the sprayer on the end. In most cases, it sprays at 90degrees to the line. Its job is to bend the flow in the direction that air is travelling and to spread the spray thoroughly into all of the air (so all cylinders get the same amount).

Recommendations:
Move the solenoid to near the injector.
Make sure you have the proper size jet for the shot you are running'
Make sure you are running a proper nitrous injector, even if you have to plumb it in ahead of the TB instead of into that spacer you bought.
DO SOMETHING FOR FUEL... either convert to Wet kit or order the components that would be there if it were bought as a brand new dry kit.

Converting to Wet would require buying a fuel solenoid, lines and fittings to hook into your fuel lines, a proper sized jet, and another/different injector.

I do not have a parts list for what is missing for fuel if keeping it a Dry kit. You would have to contact NOS, NX, Nitrousworks, etc, and get their recommendations.
You should probably call one or all of those companies no matter what route you decide to take.

sig not found
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:10 AM
You guys have been great, but i will see what i can do to fix my issue. protemac i think you are the first one that made sense posting trying to help me, thank you all

Im gonna spend this weekend trying to fix this issue, moving the solinoid closer ot the tbs, and getting a proper setup, gonna head down to part source(slow but reliable) and order a wet kit minus the bottle if nothing else works.

i apologize for sounding like 4 year old lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search