Few Nitrous Questions about my 2.4 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few Nitrous Questions about my 2.4
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:29 AM
Im going to be adding a Zex Nitrous kit. Wet - Only way to go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-Cavalier-Sunfire-WET-Nitrous-System-82021-FREE-UPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQitemZ8029593060QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Anyway, my car is a 98 sunfire 2.4 5 spd.
whats the stock 1/4 mile time on my car?
and what should it be with a 75 shot? ' im a irha/ nhra certified dragger in v8's so dont say well if you can launch etc "

If i do a 75 wet, do i need to retard or do a window switch for certain rpms?
or will the 75 wet kit be fine just to bolt on.

Thanks. -choko

Re: Few Nitrous Questions about my 2.4
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:14 AM
you should be able to run 75 no problems on your LD9. some of the guys with ld9's have run more with sucess. Nitro has 100 shot on his basicly stock ld9 and runs low 13's. I would highly recomend a window switch on a manual car just for the added insurance should you miss a gear or something. If you search around this forum you will find lots of info. Just remember colder plugs/ premo fuel. Coming from your backround you should khow how to set all this up so I guess i don't have to tell you much more.

If you have any questions just ask.
jeff

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:44 AM
Juice pushrods wrote:you should be able to run 75 no problems on your LD9. some of the guys with ld9's have run more with sucess. Nitro has 100 shot on his basicly stock ld9 and runs low 13's. I would highly recomend a window switch on a manual car just for the added insurance should you miss a gear or something. If you search around this forum you will find lots of info. Just remember colder plugs/ premo fuel. Coming from your backround you should khow how to set all this up so I guess i don't have to tell you much more.

If you have any questions just ask.
jeff

Thanks. yeah thats the reason i was thinking i should do a window switch just in case i do miss a gear.

i need to change the plugs anyway,. whats stock and what should i drop down to..
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:07 PM
I ran 15.4's stock, and 13.8's with a 75 shot on street tires. Only a 13.7 on street tires on the 100 shot, but a 13.3 on drag radials (still street tires, but some don't consider them that.) And just because you are an IHRA / NHRA cert driver, don't get too comfortable. A little 4 cylinder FWD car is alot different (but not necessarily harder) to launch than the cars you are used to.. It might actually take you awhile to get used to it.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:34 PM
Nitro wrote:I ran 15.4's stock, and 13.8's with a 75 shot on street tires. Only a 13.7 on street tires on the 100 shot, but a 13.3 on drag radials (still street tires, but some don't consider them that.) And just because you are an IHRA / NHRA cert driver, don't get too comfortable. A little 4 cylinder FWD car is alot different (but not necessarily harder) to launch than the cars you are used to.. It might actually take you awhile to get used to it.

Yeah, prolly will take me some practice to launch, i cut almost perfect lights non stop. but getting the car to move may be a problem. i wana trow on a set of drag radials but worried im gonna keep going through trannys.
Thursday, January 19, 2006 2:22 PM
That hasn't been my problem, trans wise. They say the weak link is the diff, but so far, I've never blown one. I've come close though, ironically, not on the drag radials. My problem has so far been entirely with the syncros.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:10 PM
how many miles are on ur guys 2.4's....just curious like at what point is it no longer safe to run nitrous (lets assume a roughly well maintained engine)...thanks i fee like everyons gettting one of these kits and im now debating....
Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:19 PM
jz wrote:how many miles are on ur guys 2.4's....just curious like at what point is it no longer safe to run nitrous (lets assume a roughly well maintained engine)...thanks i fee like everyons gettting one of these kits and im now debating....

115k.

if it blows it blows. then you just build it stronger
Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:36 PM
choko wrote:

115k.

if it blows it blows. then you just build it stronger

lol i know the feeling. but i'm still debating on going turbo with my 2200 or going with more nitrous. I'm just geting all the parts together before i send the motor to the machine shop, but honestly if the engine in question to be sprayed on was "well" maintained, i would do a compressioin test first. and i wouldn't go strickly based off milage.

Friday, January 20, 2006 4:53 AM
im at 102200 miles in mine. ran a 50 shot most of last year, some 75 shot runs. made over 94 passes down the track. engine still runs great

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:23 PM
how do u do a compression test? does it cost a lot of $$$$???...and i only want a 35 shot does this make it safer?

Monday, January 23, 2006 2:41 PM
DAMN SYNCROS!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:47 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:DAMN SYNCROS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh, you too, eh?

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:20 AM
So I should be alright running a 75 shot with 70000 miles and an auto tranny, right?
Friday, February 03, 2006 9:35 AM
Should i by new plugs? Right now i have Autolite XP's.
Friday, February 03, 2006 2:25 PM
Rolando Flores Jr. wrote:So I should be alright running a 75 shot with 70000 miles and an auto tranny, right?

I would think so, but it seems that every car has a mind of it's own. If you want to see if it works for you, go with NGK Tr6's I think the part number is 4177 or something like that. If anybody has clarification on that, I'd appreciate it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search