bottle warmer - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bottle warmer
Friday, August 26, 2005 2:56 PM
Ok. I have a dyno tune bottle warmer. just the warmer hooked to switch. the warmer gets hot but the bottle pressure doesnt rise any. should it because it doesnt keep it a the same pressure either. should i just get the kit that chages it over to pressure activation. also how long should i leave it on before i notice a change?

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Re: bottle warmer
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:27 AM
It depends on the outside temp, but you live in SC, and it is August.

It also depends on how much nitrous is in the bottle. A full bottle is a lot of liquid to get warm.

Ten to fifteen minutes and you should see a pressure change. The dyno tune warmer gets pretty damn hot, so if the pressure isn't changing something else is up.

Remove it, let it lay on the floor, and turn it on for ten minutes. If it's not really hot in at least one area the size of your hand, then something's up with the warmer, or perhaps the wiring. I found the hot spot on my warmer and oriented it on the bottom of the bottle to heat the liquid quicker.

Check the operation of your bottle pressure gage as well, but the DT liquid filled gauges are good units.

The following is an old dude's word of caution. If you are going to operate the warmer without a thermostat or pressure switch, then keep the warmer off the bottle unless you are using it. God forbid someone accidently hit the toggle, and you not know with the bottle closed... and it's out of sight in the trunk...... Yikes!

I have the dynotune warmer with the pressure on/off switch and still leave the warmer off the bottle until I get to the track..... and my bottle sits right next to me with the gauge tilted towards the drivers seat....

end of fatherly rant... lol

A pic of the installation during a bottle warmer test @ 1150 psi or so.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 8:54 AM
wow. nice set-up. it gets hot all over and my gauge is the one from dyon tune and works fine. i had the guy that fills my bottle test it for me. ive got mine on the bottom just like yours.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:40 PM
Back from the dead!!! I got a ZEX heater and the other day it took an hour to get the bottle up to 750psi from 450 on a 35* day... The bottle heater is only heating up on about 1/2 the pad. Maybe my heater is dieing? Is this normal at that temp? I dont think that the bottle is that empty I have only used it a couple of times.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:49 PM
it does take a long time to heat up something that big just with a little pad. I also have the Zex bottle heater and it takes about 30 mins to notice a big diff on any given day.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:53 PM
cool thanks.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:28 AM
I got the nx heater, on a cold day it takes about 30 min and then the gauge starts moving. In the summer I either don't need it or only need it for a couple mins.

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:05 AM
Hey nate next time you got the heater on can you do me a favor? See it the whole pad heats or if it is just about 1/2 the pad closer to the heating element. Thanks man.

(this can go with anyone else that wants to help me on this. just state who you have the heater from)

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:33 PM
i tried it last night and about 3/4 of the pad was hot...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:42 PM
thanks. So its not just mine.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search