Is this how to Install a purge kit? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this how to Install a purge kit?
Monday, January 30, 2006 8:09 AM

From the bulkhead fitting to the solenoid?
Or will I need another piece of braided line becuase the plastic cant stand the constant pressure?

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN

Re: Is this how to Install a purge kit?
Monday, January 30, 2006 8:19 AM
I'd upgrade the line. But yea thats how I have mine.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, January 30, 2006 11:20 AM
Monday, January 30, 2006 12:18 PM
Silver Streak wrote:Is that a Zex NMU?

yes, it is going to be a stealth install, I'll post pics when its finished

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN
Monday, January 30, 2006 1:49 PM
Where is it going to be mounted. Ah guess I will wait to see pics..
I have a zex dry kit as well as a zex purge kit so if you need anything hit me up with an e-mail.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Monday, January 30, 2006 3:07 PM
I will be painting the purge solenoid and mounting it on the same metal bracket.

So you guys think the plastic line will work or should I just jet a braided SS line?

Monday, January 30, 2006 4:44 PM
I believe the plastic line may be ok. Just test it and find out before you mount everything up.
But if you are unsure and need the extra assurance get the braided... It is not like it they are that expensive.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:30 AM
Silicone > plastic

Silicone = cheaper than a braided SS line and more protection than a plastic line!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:33 PM
I'm not too familiar with that solenoid so as far as I see no that is not hooked up correctly. The way it looks right now that plastic line will hold constant pressure when the bottle is turned on. That plastic line will blow for sure and you will be loosing your n20. 2nd you should have the purge solenoid conected where the plastic line is on that an fitting. Or if there is no room then you can have a SS line just how you have it replacing the plastic one. Now If you want a plastic silicon what ever line on the exit side of the purge solenoid thats fine. The pressure will be releasing through that line and not remaining constant.

If I see that wrong let me know cause thats how it looks to me heres a quick scetch of what im talking about

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:02 PM
^^^ the purge solenoid is on the wrong side of the N2O solenoid.

Dont use braided for the purge. I would also avoid the plastic one that you have.
Instead use 1/8" copper or steel tubing. Copper is usually easy to find in "premium" pressure gauge installation kits for under $10.

sig not found
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:40 PM
Opps good call didn't even realize that. Same diagram just flip the solenoid. And yes you can use a braded line if he needs to mount the purge sol. in a better location (an fitting) And you can use a strong plastic line for directing the purge outside the motor compartment, you can also use copper however that is not needed.

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:43 PM
So I assume I can pick up a piece of the threaded piping at my local pluming store as well..I guess I'll do that if its possible to fit everything

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search