Got my nitrous kit, now on to the pictures - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got my nitrous kit, now on to the pictures
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:39 PM
Well guys I got my nitrous kit in today, here are some pics of it just out of the box i will get installation pictures as soon as i have a chance to put it on, but here we go....

Re: Got my nitrous kit, now on to the pictures
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:18 AM
hmmmmm wet................ 10 dollors says you start with a 35 or 50 and within 1-2 bottles you up the shot.....lol i know you will have a blast i know i do.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:06 PM
Is that one of those cheap ebay systems?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:58 PM
^^^That is Cold Fusion...........

Have fun with it.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:21 PM
yes, it is from E-bay, but i did my research on this kit....the solenoids are made by the same company (peter paul) which produces the NX and NOS solenoids...I have read many reviews from a couple of different forums and everybody says this kit does just fine....I have opened the package since then the solenoids are made of very good quality, and it even included a video from cold fusion on install tips which I thought was very generous.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:35 PM
Looks good, i bought a NX system that im still fighting with, wish i went wet.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:07 PM
I believe I am going to enjoy it, WET is the only way to go from what i have read, I coudlnt' pass up the good deal i got on the kit, its brand new $400, and for the solenoids being made by the same company that makes solenoids for NX, and NOS why not? saved about $150 for the same exact kit and the same exact quality, the only thing that I found that was of cheaper quality was that they sent a heavy duty rubber hose for the fuel instead of a steel braided hose, but if you think about it what are most of the fuel hoses on a j-body hmmm rubber some material, so thats no biggy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:13 PM
NX makes their solenoids in house, as does NOS..........

Just a little fact, not trying to get on ya!

This kit uses the same solenoids as dynotune.......

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:55 AM
Ah, well didn't know that I've just heard different things but from other forums I've read about this kit, such as the kit for mustangs and camaros this kit has worked really well and from waht I've read the only problems from it were driver error.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:40 AM
I would still recomend that you upgrade those lines to braided. Yes stock uses a combination of some rubber and some medal but these lines are going to move every time you spray they get a little kick once the pressure hits. (not to say that will do anything at all bad) overtime it may come loose from a zip tie or rub against something else and wear a hole. I would pay a little extra for a real secure line, whats a few more bucks for a braided line?

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Thursday, January 19, 2006 2:52 PM
put plastic sleeves around the rubber... you'll be fine. Just make sure it is very secure. I would deffinately recommend getting a fuel pressure gauge in your car no matter what if you are spraying... so anything possible that can happen to a fuel hose (happens to braided AND rubber).. well... you would know by the dorp in fuel pressure to shut it off.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:47 PM
yep a fuel pressure gauge and a bottle warmer is coming next for sure...

Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:32 PM
I just figured they were junk. I have seen them on ebay before and I though the price was to low for it to be good and safe.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:36 PM
from what i have looked at the kit firsthand the solenoids seem to be built well, just because something is cheap dosn't necessarily mean it is bad, I have to be honest though probably unless I had read all the good reviews on the kit I would not have bought it, i will let you know more about it when i actually get it put on the car and spray with it.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:09 PM
Cool, what size shot are you going to spary? In about another year if gm doesn't release the s/c I will probaly be going with an nx wet kit. If this holds up tho, I may consider it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:15 PM
oh trust me i'll keep ya update, should be fine, i plan to put a 35 shot on in when i first put the kit on just to get use to it, how to use it and when to use it and all then this track season i'll put the 50 shot in at the beginning and then once I get use to that at the track i'll put the 75 in...though before i run anything at all i still need SRT-4 spark plugs, bottle warmer, and a fuel pressure gauge.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:59 PM
Shane Ends wrote:Looks good, i bought a NX system that im still fighting with, wish i went wet.

I wasn't aware NX made any dry kits..... I thought they were all wet kits

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:18 AM
wish i had a nitrous kit.... oh well first comes my interior.

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:23 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! The 35 shot made it for about 1 spray in my car, pulled over and immediately put in the 50 shot. From there, got the charger and have yet to hook it back up, gotta go direct port wet kit.

U think its a bad idea to use the fuel solenoid and spray just fuel when boosting wot? I was thinkin to have the nitrous armed, just not to open the bottle, and spray the extra fuel at wot once I get the direct port setup.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Friday, February 03, 2006 9:12 AM
^^ lol @ Ragin I think they was a guy who had done that exact thing on his turbo eco and it worked for a while but the motor poped eventually. If i remember correctly it was on a yellow ls coupe....Josh maybe? .....

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:37 PM
Ragin, I was wondering if you wanted to sell your kit, if you do, send me an email codyw_9@hotmail.com

Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:50 AM
Juice pushrods wrote:^^ lol @ Ragin I think they was a guy who had done that exact thing on his turbo eco and it worked for a while but the motor poped eventually. If i remember correctly it was on a yellow ls coupe....Josh maybe? .....
Yeah, it was. I had all the stuff to try it on mine, but never got the chance.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search