ugh, Nitrous problems - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ugh, Nitrous problems
Friday, February 03, 2006 8:21 PM
So I went to try out my nitrous for the first time tonite, I have a zex wet kit on an ecotec.
It woulnt kick on when I hit WOT like it is supposed to. And then at about 4500 rpms my car would start bogging like it was being starved for fuel?

Could this be possibly because I dont have a correct gap on my Autolites? Cold bottle?

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN

Re: ugh, Nitrous problems
Friday, February 03, 2006 8:38 PM
it almost sounds liek your getting to much fuel not enough nitrous... I knwo this is a stupid question.... but you do have the bottle open right? First thing I woudl do is disconect the lines from the nozzle and aim them into a bottle, with the car running arm the switch and hit the full throttle switch with your finger (don't actually hit the gas pedal or throttle) and make sure you have fuel and nitrous coming out, just becarefull because the bottle your holding with painfully cold very quick. if both lines are spraying what they are surpossed to double check your jetting. If both lines aren't double check your wiring for the solinoids and make sure they are functioning properly (if you hold hold your hand around the solinoid you should feel them click on and off). Bottle pressure coud have somethign to do with it, considering its winter the pressure has probobally droped. I would recomend getting a nitrous pressure gauge and A/F ratio gauge before you start spraying again, just to be alittle safer and know everythign is up to par to begin with. Good luck

Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:28 AM
I have the zex kit though, it only activates at WOT by getting the signal from the TPS

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:55 AM
Got it fixed, Had the jets mixed up

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:19 PM
How much of a shot are you using?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:00 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:How much of a shot are you using?

75 baby!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:57 PM
Messed up on the jetting?, I hope the rest of the system is hooked up right considering thats about the easiest thing to do besides flip the switch and spin the bottle open.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:55 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:Messed up on the jetting?, I hope the rest of the system is hooked up right considering thats about the easiest thing to do besides flip the switch and spin the bottle open.

Yea, I had the wrong fuel jet in and it was spraying too much fuel
the numbers are so hard to read on the jets

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:34 AM
Darkstars wrote: it almost sounds liek your getting to much fuel not enough nitrous...

double check your jetting

glad you got it working

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:06 AM
Indeed, thanks Darkstars!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search