spark plugs - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spark plugs
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:40 PM
I just recently purchased a zex wet kit, I plan on runnin a 75 shot. I was wonderin what would be the best brand of plug to use, so I dont melt down. I know I should go two steps colder of a plug, I was leanin towards NGK but idk give me some suggestions. Thanx

Re: spark plugs
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:49 PM
It is a 04 ecotec by the way, if it helps some.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:57 PM
click here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:10 PM
I used the srt-4 plug gapped at .035 just make sure to get the copper ones u can get them at ur local parts store, they work great no probs for me
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:14 PM
well Number one you don't need two steps colder but you do need one step colder.

Your three most popular plug choices are

- Autolie 103's (very cheap great because of the price you can put new ones in every other oil change or so, Thats what I use)

-Ngk TR6's (also good choice, slightly better quality plug then the autolite but a little pricer, personally between the two I liked autolites better)

-Srt4 plugs ( I have yet to use these yet but from what I heard they are not to great, I have seen pics of these plugs burned on the threads and with cracked porclin. I can not personally give any feedback on these)

As for the gapping most gap somewhere between .38-.35 I have tried .38 and .35 so far I think I would prefer .35.

Personally I like the autolites cause they are cheap easy to find and I just replace them every other or every other other oil change. Every set I pulled out have been in really good condition so far

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:50 PM
Either the NGK'S mentioned above or you could get away with the ZEX plugs if they offer 'em for ur car.

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:18 AM
If you want the best plug for your money, give a set of Denso Iridiums a shot. Shoot them an e-mail with everything you're doing to your car and they'll give you the proper part number. You can even buy them at Auto Zone if you want.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search