What should i do?? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What should i do??
Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:38 AM
OK heres the deal i have a garrett t3/t4 turbo pushing 10 lbs of boost. I also have a zex dry kit i just purchesed. Where should i shoot it? I dont know if i wanna shoot it into the intercooler or what! Being turbocharged what would the best and safest thing i should do?

Re: What should i do??
Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:28 AM
what motor do you have?
what fuel mods do you have?

Your best bet would be to buy the NX N-tercooler bar and spray the I/C that way..
Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:54 AM
IC Spray bar is a waste!

Get proper fuel mods........maybe some forged pistons and/or rods and spray something like a 35shot!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:27 PM
Well i have the 2.2 with 26lb injectors and accell adjustable fuel reg. i also am getting a safc2.What more do i need? I was thinkin about getting the zex filter and just shootin it in the turbo would that be bad?
Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:39 PM
Well for starters i would deffinatly swap out the stock fuel pump for sumthing that can meet the demand of your turbo setup and nitrous.
Try this link

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

As for where you should mount the nozzle i would just install it in the piping about 3-6 inches from the TB just make sure it is a tight fit you don't need no boost leaks now. Also don't spray anything big, as a boosted motor will have a bigger punch on the same size shot than an NA car would.

also finish your reg so we know what year you car is so we can help you out better.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:26 PM
Which 2.2? Year and whether it's an Eco or pushrod motor would help alot!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:46 PM
o sorry about that .Its a 2002 with a non ecotec engine.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:44 PM
10lbs on a Ln2 is already pushing it pretty bad!

Deffinately get some pistons since that's what everyone is popping on their 2.2. And honestly unless you have serious lag, which i doubt you have, I wouldn't spray into that motor set-up just yet.

I'd get the motor re-inforced first with the basics as I said before (forged pistons and rods) and then look into a little spray.

And once that's all done I'd spray into the TB not the intercooler.

But I guess spraying into the intercooler wouldn't really make it neccesary to do all those mods because it'll lose most of its punch by the time it gets cycled through. blahh whatever, too much going through my head right now.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:48 PM
Ok well im about to order me some rods,pistons and a ported and polished head so once i get those installed u think i should be good for whatever?
Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:50 PM
nick Sweeney wrote:Ok well im about to order me some rods,pistons and a ported and polished head so once i get those installed u think i should be good for whatever?

how about we worry about that when you actually get all this stuff

The Only thing Gayer than my cavalier is the purple shade of its nitrous bottle
Friday, February 24, 2006 2:01 PM
Get your fuel system setup properly first. In-tank fuel pump, AFPR, FMU, and of course a fuel gauge. Then from there, start off with low boost and a small shot, and definitely get a dynotune, you dont want anything coming apart in the engine. Then, after you have the proper fuel management, get the block and head done. Even with a built motor and head you can still mess up sh!t inside if you are running a crappy tune w/ alot of power. I've seen built motors go to sh!t because of an improper tune!

And remember, the SEARCH buttom is your friend

Failure is not failure if you learn from it

Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:54 PM
Alright everyone thx alot ill gt the fuel management and internals done and i will let ha know what happens!!! thx.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:56 AM
O and by the way 02turbo is the @!#$ he installed all my crap!! So todd all that crap u just listed your gonna mast likely be installing! lol
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:51 PM
You have any pics of all of this? Just wanna check out how your charge pipes were ran since I have some turbo stuff laying around the garage from our 300z build up!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search