decided to go with the spray route - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
decided to go with the spray route
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:26 PM
i got a couple of quick questions ive searched quite a bit and curious as to what kits everyone has had the best experience with. i know there isnt a best kit but im looking to run a wet shot on my eco. Now i have read that a 75 wet shot is safe to use on a stock eco. With no fuel mods or even retarding the timing, is this true. The car is an everyday driver and my good friend is wanting me to run bracket racing this year in the 14.40 class. Now with a 75 shot and intake, dual flow master exhaust, and short shifter with 215/45/17 tires would that be a reachable goal. Also i have autolite 103's right now should i switch to a different plug or stay with them. Also does anyone have any recommendations with where to purchase the kit for a good price. Like around 500-600. thanks

Re: decided to go with the spray route
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:34 PM
NX nitrous express....75 shot on an eco is fine stock. 14.40's are possible and so are 13's

Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:02 PM
ok i just want something that will be consistent with times. im new to nitrous so i dont know all that much but im doing my research on it so im learning. Now im wanting to be able to have it set up so whats the throttle is like depressed a set amount the nitrous sprays to a certain rpm like 6000, is that called a window switch sorry if im asking something obvious but i just want to make sure its done right the first time and not have to go back and change it and do it all again. is there anything else i need to buy or does it come with the kits for me to achieve spraying to a certain rpm thanks
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:16 PM
and RPm window switch is good. the nitrous is on at 3500 rpm and off at 6000 or something like that.

you can get a GEN X 2 kit. it comes wit a bottle heater, feul pressure saftey switch, bunch of other goodies. GEN X 2

but that is $400 but worth it i think

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:23 PM
so could i achieve that with this click here or would i have to get an rpm window switch. it says it comes with a wide open throttle switch is that the same thing or different thanks and sorry for all the newb questions im sure im not the only one out here thanks
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:34 PM
a WOT switch makes the nitrous go off when you floor the gas pedal. so basically its different then a RPM switch

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:46 PM
so if i got that kit and then an rpm switch then it would do what i want as in when engauged from 3500-6000 spray nitrous
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:59 PM
i dont see why it woudn't

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:03 PM
ok anything else i would need to be safe like msd or safc-2 or ?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:12 PM
If you are new to nitrous, get rpm window switch-you can set a window of what rpms you want it to be spraying at....which most people agree it isnt safe to spray under 3000 rpms and you want the spray to be off b4 you hit the rpm limiter...so set the rpm window switch at 3000-6000, then get a WOT switch....plain and simple...wont spray until you are at wide open throttle...which it is dangerous to spray when you arent at WOT, then also get a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, this will keep track of the fuel pressure, so if it is lower then 37 psi or something like that, it wont let you spray, or when you are spraying and the fuel pressure goes below 37 psi, it will cut off the spray, so you cant lean out the fuel/nitrous mixture. It seems liek you are on the right track with the nitrous idea by reading and reading. Also, dont get anythign but a wet kit. Wet kits are reliable and you dont have to worry about blowing @!#$ up...well...you are dealing with nitrous, @!#$ can blow at any time, but it is less likely. Have fun, and be safe. Also, dont be affraid to ask questions...many people here are intelligent and able to answer anything, but then there will be the usual people that get high ego's off of flaming people, just ignore it and continue learning. Also if you think that you are asking a stupid question, search, cuz it's probably been asked b4. If you cant find exactly what you are looking for...then ask on here, o yea, make sure u put in your thread that u tried searching, it will keep the ego getters off your back.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:15 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:ok anything else i would need to be safe like msd or safc-2 or ?

no.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:23 PM
^^^ thanks a lot of helpful info on here. I just think nitrous is the easiest way to achieve my goal other than turbo or a bunch of bolt ons. i just am looking for something to be me in the bracket for the 14.40's and to stay as consistent as possible. im going to the track on the 5th of march two weeks from today to see what i run right now without nitrous and see how much of a shot im going to need to hit those numbers. i plan on buying the it from gravana and then i have to find a rpm switch and fuel safety switch cuz for a daily driver the last thing i need is for it to be down. And i wouldnt go for a dry kit, its much safer with a wet kit. any ideas on where to get the rpm switch and safety switch
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:42 PM
a couple other quick questions that i forgot to ask. I know you need to use higher octane fuel with nitrous now do you have to have a high flow cat to do this cuz i have heard that the stock cat will go to crap if you dont on other cars is this the same for cavaliers. And if it depends on what type of fuel all there really is around here is 87-92 and i can get 100 octane unleaded but its a little over 5 dollars a gallon. is it fine using 92 and if i decide to use 100 octane will i be safe or will i need a high flow cat.
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:54 AM
youll be fine using 92

Monday, February 20, 2006 1:23 PM
why do all you guys b from the most overpriced websites?
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:23 PM
*buy
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:37 PM
^^^ list some websites that are cheaper and still good quality and im interested
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:42 PM
CavNon-LS wrote:why do all you guys b from the most overpriced websites?

well mister, if you have a better site then lets see it

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:25 PM
not that much of a difference on Summits site from any of the others i seen

the NX ebay link you gave, the kit was 539. most NX kits are 550 brand new. a diff of $11 WOW. big savings there

2nd link is $581. pay more with that one

the 3rd is 525. a big savings of $25

same with the last link. so you see, its not that big of a difference.

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:15 PM
I hurd nitrous will screw up your cars engine is that true?

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:19 PM
no not if it is done correctly try reading the faq at the top of the page under nitrous oxide that will answer a lot of questions
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:33 PM
Marc Beauchamp wrote:I hurd nitrous will screw up your cars engine is that true?

on yours, yes probably
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:45 AM
lmfao

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:55 PM
Marc Beauchamp wrote:I hurd nitrous will screw up your cars engine is that true?

if the set up is done half assed then yeah. but if done correctly then it wont.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search