misfireing ecotecs? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
misfireing ecotecs?
Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:24 PM
i was just wondering i had a 50 dry shot on my car at one point and it kept throwing the rocker arms of and misfireing, i have replaced the lash adjusters,no luck ,my coil on is good and its not my injectors, the only thing i can figure is a defaulty valve spring causing it to float a valve and then pop off a rocker arm. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Re: misfireing ecotecs?
Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:26 PM
the eco has no rockers
dual cam over head
Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:00 PM
Only ways i've seen J's misfure have been because of spark plugs! Atleast that's the case with nitrous most the time. Anything other than that is something terribly terribly bad! Floating vlaves crushing pistons and ehhh nasty things!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:04 PM
lol u have no idea do u
Friday, March 03, 2006 6:36 AM
J R wrote:the eco has no rockers
dual cam over head

it has roller rockers..

The Only thing Gayer than my cavalier is the purple shade of its nitrous bottle
Friday, March 03, 2006 9:34 AM
it has finger followers...not rockers. Rocker Arms are on pushrod motors. And theres no lash adjusters, or adjustment, on an ecotec motor. I'm guessing you have a 2.2L OHV motor.

Please get a clue and then you'll be able to solve your problem.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, March 03, 2006 2:24 PM
actually it does have lash adjusters i have already replaced two of them with no luck it still missfires. i do have the ecotec engine also.
Friday, March 03, 2006 2:26 PM
it just bothers me that mine is the only one on the org that has had this problem.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:26 AM
your probably not the only one, its just my opinion I would not use a dry kit on any car its just not safe, you cannot rely on the stock ecu to inject enough fuel in for you, thats the reason its best to have a wet kit which injects the fuel as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search