Dry or Wet? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dry or Wet?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:59 PM
I have an 03 ecotec cavalier, with alot of goodie bolt ons, its N/A.

I want to install a nitrous kit, and since the car is a daily driven street vehicle, I want to run nitrous as reliably as I can, whether that means running a low shot or not. I know that a Dry kit is very simply to install and inexpensive. Is this the way to go? What are the pro's and con's of dry and wet? What is the most reliable configuration for engine life hands down?

I am a nitrous newb.

Re: Dry or Wet?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:19 PM
a wet kit is more safer then dry. because a wet kit adds feul along with the nitrous. a dry kit just adds the nitrous. the dry has to depnd on the cars feul system to deleiver the right amount of feul when in use. just make sure you have the right spark plugs and premium gas when using the nitrous. have fun

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:37 PM
oh forget that im goin wet lol. Will a 50shot be reliable for a daily driver?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:33 PM
yeah

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:43 PM
Can you link me to a good priced, quality kit to begin with. like a 10oz. bottle kit thats reliable. I dont know whats good and whats BS.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:01 PM
NX kit

NX is a good kit. is what i ahve

Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:50 PM
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:21 PM
zex wet kit is your friend
Monday, February 20, 2006 2:22 PM
NX is much better than ZEX IMO. Yes man, you want to get a wet kit, normally safer and make more power. Oh yeah, Buy it from Karo!!

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:40 PM
some like ZEX some like NX, i guess it bols down to perference

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:16 PM
i got a Dry zex kit and i am running a 45 shot.. with NOS nozzles.. i think its a safe starter kit, maybe if you go with 75+ on a dry kit then you may run into problems but i never heard anyone having problems running a dry kit with up to 75 shot. maybe on an older car i wouldnt suggest it. but its lots of fun

Friday, March 03, 2006 3:43 PM
Is your profile up to date? If so, you don't have a lot of bolt on goodies.

Start with a small shot and work your way up.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:52 PM
Seems like almost everyone on here stands behind wet kits. On the contrary, I stand behind dry kits, especially if you have an automatic.

They're easier to install, easier to tune and since you're not going HUGE horsepower right off the bat, a dry kit would be in your BEST interest. When my nitrous was activated, fuel pressure shot up to 80 PSI, automatically by means of the vacuum tube attached to the FPR.

Was a daily driven car at that point. Nitrous burnouts, spraying for extended periods of time on the highway, spraying in lower gears (carefully)--went thru at least 8 or 9 bottles in 2 years and NEVER had a problem (besides pushing my water pump to it's untimely death this summer.) Forty, fifty and sixty shots all made their way thru my 2200 engine with no internals.

Just remember...you can always make your setup a wet one later on down the road if you choose to.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:28 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=19270&t=19270 ,there is a group purchase going on now for NX, Venom, and NOS. i think there are both dry and wet kits, but i know they have wet kits. good luck

Under Construction, should be finished before years over...
Corey
Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:30 AM
correction, its NX, Zex, NOS

Under Construction, should be finished before years over...
Corey
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search