small problem when i spray - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
small problem when i spray
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:43 AM
First, I have a 2003 ecotec with a 10lb nos kit with the WOT switch and auto light 103 spark plugs. I have used the kit before with a 35 shot only (4times) and did not see much of a difference. I then stepped the size up to a 50 shot and when I got on it and hit WOT and hit the switch to turn it on it did not seem to do much until 4800rpm and I then tried to shut it off with the switch and let my foot off the gas to disarm the WOT connection. Then I tried to brake and the nitrous would not turn off and the brake did not work very well. So I don’t know why in the hell this would happen. My motor was very pissed after. ANY IDEAS!

Re: small problem when i spray
Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:27 AM
Sounds like one of your solenoids needs to be rebuilt..

The Only thing Gayer than my cavalier is the purple shade of its nitrous bottle
Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:48 AM
I thought the same thing but i looked at them before i ran the car with the 50 shot and they both "clicked when i tested them" so i know that they worked then but they are new selenoids.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:27 PM
If it's not the solenoids than it has to be the relay or in the wiring? But honestly I have no idea! I'd replace the relay sine it's not expensive and then test it out one more time! Do you here the hiss as it sprays into your intake?

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:49 PM
While your doing the work, you may want to yank those short autolite 103's, and go with a correct size plug.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:31 PM
Well i looked at it today and i think the solenoids are screwed up. They do not click anymore. The motor was shaking and click untill i took the autolites out and put the stock ones back in, now its fine. But im taking the solenoids out and looking at them. I just dont understand why the nitrous would not shut off.
Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:28 AM
Rob Smith wrote:While your doing the work, you may want to yank those short autolite 103's, and go with a correct size plug.

how about we dont beat a dead horse

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:17 AM
what you need to do is increase the injector pulse width tune the nos timer and youll run nines

RIP jesse

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:51 PM
Jcavi wrote:what you need to do is increase the injector pulse width tune the nos timer and youll run nines

RIP jesse

Tune the injector pule another millisecond, tune the NOS timer.. Sheeesh

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:05 PM
Devin M-

I read over your original post a few times, and I'm just curious... You do know that once you turn off the "arming" switch, you don't have to let off the gas, right? The arming switch will cut all power to the solenoids immediately, regardless of whether you're WOT is still activated or not.

If you turned the arming switch off and you were still injecting nitrous, you most definitely have a stuck solenoid or a bad switch.

Monday, April 03, 2006 12:09 PM
you could have had trash in your solenoid

babys might suck on bottles but this baby just out ran you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search