Some questions regarding nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some questions regarding nitrous
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:30 PM
I've searched a bit and not seeing the answers i'm looking for.

I'm toying around with concepts for my car, I've got a 98 2200 that i'm planning a complete overhaul on, i'm leaning towards a nitrous powered car as my budget wont really allow me a turbo kit.

what i'm needing to know is first i'm planning to get around 150hp at the wheels totally all motor no juice, no boost. then adding a 75 shot of nitrous to the car, the engine will have full forged internals and will be built the right way to accept nitrous.

First off i'm planning to run window switches to control what rpm the nitrous comes on and shuts off, second i'm running a backup fuel pressure sensor so i've got myself safegaurded a bit.

My point in explaining all that is first to see if anyone has any ideas i've overlooked, second i'm concerned about fueling issues, I am kind of leaning towards an upgraded fuel pump, fpr and possibly emanage, i'm also thinking it might not be a bad idea to add alittle larger injector to the car to gain some headroom since the engine will be pretty strung out for a street car.

Anyone have any suggestions for a fuel pump, an aftermarket fpr as i really dont want to run rksports version or a good suggestion along those lines?

J~

Re: Some questions regarding nitrous
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:01 AM
Cross posting is the devil.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=352424&t=352424

To answer your question,

look here

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:23 AM
If you're truely planning on that much power, go with Z24 injectors. Also, the e-manage is a cheap band-aid that was used because there wasn't anything else. Now we have HPTuners, which is what you want, unless you want a stand-alone like megasquirt. For a FPR, you should be able to use an aftermarket LT1 unit with little or no modifications.
In defense of this guy's crossposting, his thread dropped off the first page with no replies. The ironic part is, his 2 bajillion other threads are what knocked it off .
Seriously man, you should have just made one post with ALL your questions.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:58 AM
For a 75 shot alot of that isn't needed. I could see if you said something like 100+ but a 75, I've been spraying on that and past that with what you see in my profile. Everytime I go back to the dyno I'll check the A/F_R and the last time I did it was pretty clean 11.4's - 12.5s. I have something to clean up obviously but I'm not worried, will get forged rods+internals and MSD DIS-2 at the most in the near future.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:02 PM
Any upgrades would be because he's looking to get 150whp NA, not because of the N2O

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:31 PM
Glad someone noticed that , i'm more concerned about the engines needs than the nitrous needs, however once i'm comfortable with my nitrous setup i may step up the flow alittle, and the more i read the more hptuners is looking very promising.

J~

Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:40 PM
well as far as engine needs go I would suggest the z24 injectors and the HPT software. I noticed you will be running a window switch and fpss as well, if you really want to get protective you could even wire in a sensor to cut the juice if the air/fuel ratio gets to lean. Don't forget you could run the nitrous a pill # bigger on the fuel side to help keep the ratio rich if your that worried. other than that I would suggest an in tank like the walbro and an lt1 fpr.

Air / Fuel safety switch here:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67

Save some cash and buy this plastic box for all your nitrous safety monitoring needs:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16579&cat=338&page=1

LT1 fpr:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AEI%2D13107&N=4294925239+400300+4294880914+4294908216+4294908198+4294924746+115&autoview=sku

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search