autolite plugs - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
autolite plugs
Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:55 PM
I just installed a ZEX nitrous kit with a bottle warmer, blowdown tube, and purge kit, on my 04 cavalier. I started out runnin a 55 shot for mostly my first bottle and I bumped it up to 75 to see what it would do one time. I pulled my autolite 103's out gapped at .35 and the were colored blue and purple on the ends of the plug from high heat, possibly runnin lean. I thought it was because of how hot nitrous burns. I was wonderin if anyone encountered the same prob, and if not some advice would be helpful. I was running premium gas as well if that helps any.

Re: autolite plugs
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:22 PM
I always thought......

Fried plug = too lean

Purple and blue or regular color = perfect

black build up over plug = too rich

I say that because most oldschool hot rodders checked their a/f like that back in the day when computers weren't the norm in cars.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:50 PM
my next investment is goin to be a wideband a/f guage, so I can really tell what goin on. Thanks alot for the feedback
Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:26 PM
mine come out nice and purdy. Def invest in a af gauge

Winks Online

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:08 PM
I think purple/blue is a sign of high heat. It definitely is not perfect.
Friday, April 28, 2006 10:38 PM
If you want your plugs to deff. be ok and not to have to worry use 2 step colder NGK's Irridiums. The part number is 6510 and it is I think LTR7A-11.

Now before someone else chimes in with some stupidity such as: Irridiums won't work with Nitrous.
Well if they work for me on 20+ psi and 1600F EGT's, I am pretty sure they will work for the most, cause my 21 psi gives me 220WHP (shot) whereas you are running a 55.
Now downing you or anything by no means just letting you see how incredible these spark plugs are.
And NO I am not sponsored by a spark plug place. lol

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:02 AM
I agree with Sun_Cavi on that. The autolite 103's are a completely incorrect plug for the ecotec. The NGK Iridiums are the only plug I've been able to find that are the correct size and available in the heat ranges needed.

However, the part number above is wrong....the correct #'s are:

LTR5ix-11 = stock heat range

LTR6ix-11 = one heat range colder

LTR7ix-11 = two heat ranges colder
Friday, May 12, 2006 12:06 AM
Has anybody looked into Denso Iridiums for an application for Ecotecs? They're pricy, but absolutely AMAZING plugs. If you have doubts with your setup, run 2-steps colder just to be safe. Hit up Denso's website, find the contact number and give'em a call. They're incredibly helpful people.

Friday, May 12, 2006 5:19 AM
you can always get SRT-4 plugs for the Ecotec. some people on here have them

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search