spraying at idle - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spraying at idle
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:51 PM
hey i had a silanoid hang open after i made a nitrous pass and it sprayed at idle for like two and a half minutes and then i noticed it but the f*cked up thing is that now it runs allot better it don't knock or smoke it has good compression and it still holds nitrous really good can any one tell me how thats possible

babys might suck on bottles but this baby just out ran you

Re: spraying at idle
Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:32 AM
I noticed that my car actually ran better after I shot nitrous thru it too. I think it does something like alcohol injection where it cleans the motor out a bit. Not really sure tho. And I wouldn't recommend running nitrous at idle.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:00 AM
Not a good thing to happen, but hey, if it's still running I'd say fix the solenoid, pretend it never happened and hope it all holds together.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:22 AM
Yeah, wow. You got so damn lucky.

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:41 PM
I dont think spraying at idle would be all that horrifying, I would have thought atht it would have just quit...but o well...its not like you are at wideopen throttle or anything, but who knows....obviously it cant be good but...lol....i still doubt it would be taht horrifying...adios
Friday, March 24, 2006 9:29 PM
spraying at idle is no worse then at wot as long as the engine didn't lean out to bad you should be fine.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:46 PM
i avhe always understood it taht if you sprayed at idle you run the risk of it pooling in the cyclenders and backfiring or like they said elaning out and would risk an explosion. tehre is no way you could ahve sprayed at idle for that long and not taken damage on tock interals thas not luck it either did not hapen that long or it raelly want stuck open or not all the way atleast.

but there is no way you woud ahve any internals left in your engine if you are spraying like taht for 2 and a half minutes at idle.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:45 AM
^^^^^^ i hate sticky keys too, or when your hands are moving faster then your head lol. ^^

Monday, April 03, 2006 12:06 PM
i don't really care if you believe me or not i am here to learn how to make my car faster and learn why things happen like they do and if you knew me i would show you video of it i was trying to make a nitrous pass on video and when i pulled back by the camera i got out and it was still running but when i got back in the car i reved it a little to take off and it knocked so i shut it off and then we noticed what happened i had a 1/4 inch of ice on my intake and ice sickles hanging from my air filter

babys might suck on bottles but this baby just out ran you
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:36 AM
I've seen a lot of freaky things happen from running the bottle but ice on the air filter isn't one of them.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:58 PM
if you spray at idle you have a bad sloniod or either you forgot to diss arm your nitrous switch but with that said your lucky you didnt get pre dentioation and fry your valves

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search