dry shot enrichment meathods - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dry shot enrichment meathods
Monday, April 24, 2006 7:32 AM
I was at my local club last night and there is a guy I met with an srt 4. he said the engine was modded and it looked it. but he told me he had a 100 shot. I was like yeah right, till he showed me the bottle in the trunk........... @!#$ mopar.

any who. he said it was a dry shot which made me stumble. and then I started thinking. for starters what we know about nitrous is that it breaks down at around 572 in the cyils, sooo this means the car wont see it till its in the engine.buttt if the car has the injector size and capaabilties wouldnt the 02 sensor pick up the lean condition and adjust fuel acordingly?

meaning that you wouldnt need a wet shot???

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: dry shot enrichment meathods
Monday, April 24, 2006 8:12 AM
yeah until the injectors start to clip becuase they are already at 100% duty cycle, then lean out and go boom!

Monday, April 24, 2006 3:42 PM
i guess in other words ait for that srt to go on sell lol....... just a blown motor and maybe decently priced

Monday, April 24, 2006 8:15 PM
doo you know the duty cycle of srt injectors??? regardless I think he might upgraded them.

anyway I still think theres something keeping it from working.

Monday, April 24, 2006 8:17 PM
it could be set up like a 05123NOS kit it has a bypass spring in the line and when the nitrous lets go it lets a little nitrous out and down a line to a T in the vacuum line going from the manifold to the fuel press regulator and being the nitrous is around 1000psi it pushes the regulator down causing your fuel press to go up to around 70-80psi and i have seen my own cav and others with stock fuel systems safely make around the 200WHP with a dry 50 shot so being a srt has a way bigger fuel system i can't see why it wouldn't handle a 100 shot this is also the perfect system for anyone with a SC J
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:52 PM
hmmmm

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:00 AM
Maybe I don't understand the question, here...seems like your run-of-the-mill philosophy that wet is better than dry. The vacuum cylinder on a dry setup sends a signal to the FPR telling it to pretty much DUMP fuel, so you're actually over-compensating for the nitrous going in. When my dry kit engages, PSI jumps to 80. You also have the safety switch which will cut off power to the solenoids if fuel pressure drops below an "acceptable" level. I don't doubt that he was running a dry setup, and I don't doubt that it's TOTALLY safe as long as he uses it correctly.

We ran a dry 100-shot on the '96 Grand Prix's totally stock engine before it was completely built. Upon dis-assembly, everything was clean and it perfect condition.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search