what size exhaust is best for nitrous??? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what size exhaust is best for nitrous???
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:38 AM
this may be a stupid question but what works best for it 2.5 or 2 1/4 ? cat no cat ? resonator or not ?

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg

Re: what size exhaust is best for nitrous???
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:08 AM
You want everything on the exhaust side to be as big as possible when using n2o. Unfortunately, your exhaust valves are relatively small so those will limit you a lot. You're probably not spraying a huge shot either so pumping looses wont be a huge deal. I'd go with 2.5 and say screw the cat.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:52 AM
wouldnt go any higher than 2.5 inch

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:29 AM
jamesn29 wrote:this may be a stupid question but what works best for it 2.5 or 2 1/4 ? cat no cat ? resonator or not ?

I would stick with 2.5", no cat, header, long (24" if you can fit it) resonator unless the car is track only, my car was extremly raspy without a resonator.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:14 PM
2.25. turbo vehicles want 2.5 or even 3 inch because the turbo will spool much quicker with a more free exhaust, do 2.25 with a high flow cat.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:03 AM
im only using a 35 shot with bottle warmer and my exhaust is 2.25" header back and i love it.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:12 PM
I just got an exhaust cut out

Winks Online

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:14 PM
:This only refers to exhausts, not nitrous: Obviously you'll gain both TQ and HP when spraying N2o:

Stock exhaust = more TQ when spraying but no added HP

2.25 = a little bit of Tq gain with more HP gain

2.5 = a tad bit less TQ gain and more HP gain than 2.5

and so on and so forth.......one goes down and one goes up, then eventually plateau's.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:07 PM
keep in mind, if you make your exhaust too large, you will lose a lot of torque when you're not spraying. Like driving around.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:19 PM
Thats why I got an adjustable cut out you can play with it till you find your happy medium

Winks Online

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:37 PM
If you could get an exhaust cut-out and be able to control it in car, I'd leave it closed from 1st to 2nd gear for all the TQ then gradually open it to get all HP for the last gears. hmmm I want one now.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:20 PM
go with a header and mandrel bent 2.25 system no cat. 2.5 would be better when u spray but work against u the rest of the time. no street driven N/A stock internal j needs 2.5 stay with the 2.25 and pick good parts like a 14415 magna flow resonator if u decide u need one (don't put some old school bottle muffler in) and any of there mufflers as long as they don't have a restricter pipe in them u also can't go wrong with flowmaster or borla
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:43 PM
thanks for all the input guys . as of right now what is on the car is a pacesetter header which is 2 1/4 to a 2.5 manderal bent exhaust with no cat or resonator . so right know with the turbo gone its freakin loud. ive got a nice meagan muffler and was hopeing to pick up a nice magna flow resonator . do you all think i should get rid of all the 2.5 or just use what is there and put the reaonator and new muffler in ?

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:11 PM
i ran a 13.88 with a pace setter header mandrel bent 2.25 magnaflow muffler and resonator lots of bolt ons and a 75 shot i wouldn't get rid of your system if its already on the car it will help with your goal of a 13 its just the rest of the time it will work against u but for the cost of changing it to what u will gain its probably not worth it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search