backfire - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
backfire
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:44 AM
hey guys so over the weekend i sprayed and wen i shifted into third i heard a loud backfire so i shut the nitrous down but i couldnt figure out what would have caused this it is running fine i havnt tryed to spray again i was kinda afraid of what would happin ive looked around on here and some of you say u can get a nitrous bakfire is this possible with a dry kit cause it lookd like all the other ones were from wet kits also its on a 2.4 and it was a 75 shot dry any info would be great

Re: backfire
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:46 AM
one othere thing i just changed my plugs the day it happned but i didnt think they would have anything to do with it i used the autolite 103s gapped at .35 if this tells you anything
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:25 PM
You could go with a colder plug, but you definitly need to compensate for lack of fuel since its only a dry kit.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:04 PM
could the fuel be part of why i backfired ive been thinkn of getting one of the msd inline pumps
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:42 AM
Could've been........

You getting on the nitrous then backing out enough for it not to spray and the engine was still compensating for all the air coming in and was still adding more fuel. That usually causes a backfire but isn't anything that could seriously damage anything from minimum exposure.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:36 AM
cool sounds good thanks for the input
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search