Can an ecotec take a 75 shot? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can an ecotec take a 75 shot?
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:25 PM
Okay, well i've been running a 50 shot for about a bottle full, I have a race against somebody off of these boards Z-24 sport, I know for sure that I cannot beat him with the 50 or at least I think I cannnot. Would I be safe to run the 75 shot?

Re: Can an ecotec take a 75 shot?
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:32 PM
yeah

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:33 PM
Thats what I was thinking...well people have been saying that the 05's cannot take spray due to the PCM, becuse it kills timing due to knocking, well I had my car dyoned on the 50 shot and it made exactly 50 extra horsepower putting down 170 to the wheels this is on an auto as well. and whenever I do hit the nitrous I hear no knocking i've went through about a bottle full no problems whatsoever so i dunno why people think its such a big deal to do this.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:34 AM
as long as your A/F ratio was good all the way. i dont see why it wouldn't

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:30 AM
hell im running 2.6 pulley with 50 shot 100% untuned ecu and im still not outta running rich aftr everyone told me id lean out and blow up, haha, i think darkstars has ran a 75 shot on his stock bottom end eco and hit his govenor with it and ran a 13.1 or something around there.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:47 AM
he actually ran the 100 shot for that...I really have no clue where i'm going to go with my car lol I like the nitrous but the Gm supercharger is looking very tempting.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:51 PM
why not do both like im doing?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:57 PM
BOOSTED wrote:why not do both like im doing?

How would something like that even be tuned?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:47 PM
well im not tuned one bit so far but when HPT gets here ill tune the air fuel mix for boost and play with retarding the timing some for the boost and nitrous together, all im thinking ill need to do is set the air fuel so its ideal and watch the air fuel on WOT under spray and boost to see if i need to lean it out some or have it alittle richer so the nitrous doesnt lean the engine out which if it starts to the computerized kit shuts the nitrous off instantly, now im not saying it wont mess the car up but it certiantly helps some.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:03 PM
decided today that the GM supercharger is coming by at least August. I'll be using the nitrous most likley to cool it down a bit.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:51 PM
Michael Lilly wrote:decided today that the GM supercharger is coming by at least August. I'll be using the nitrous most likley to cool it down a bit.

same as i do, when the alky injection gets here its all kinds of nastyness boost, spray, alky injection

Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:30 PM
gm ectoec build book says u can use nitrous and it says u can use a 75 shot of nitrous it reccomends a nx express kit. Why would gm reccomend nitrous on a engine and then say u cant use nitrous im pretty sure u should be able too.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search