total noob question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
total noob question
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:20 PM
this is the first time ive every came into this forum (the nos one) but ive been around for a little while.

can i run nos on a stock engine? i have a 2002 2200 cav. are there any recomendations? i could search, but i want specific answers lol..

Re: total noob question
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:34 PM
sure but run a wet system start with a 50 shot first . ive been running a 75 on mine for about 5 bottles now with no problems . but with out extra mods i wouldnt push any higher than that.

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:40 PM
Ive got a NX wet kit on my 2200. Only got a 50 shot, and thats what NX also recommended to use on the 2200.
Monday, May 15, 2006 8:08 PM
whats this thing about a windowswitch rmp thing? whats that do? im checking out NX's website now. is there anything i really need to know about this stuff?

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:18 PM
ok, i am hooked now, i cant get outa this dam forum, im thinking nos nos nos. i want more info hhaha, i cant stop reading.

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:23 PM
you sound like a junkie needin their next fix, read through the stickies at the top of the page and you'll get plenty of info. I also learned alot from reading the how to installs, gives you an idea of the parts you need/want/cool to have. enjoy.
Monday, May 15, 2006 9:20 PM
jWagg wrote:ok, i am hooked now, i cant get outa this dam forum, im thinking nos nos nos. i want more info hhaha, i cant stop reading.

That made me want to scream. "nos nos nos".... NOS is a commonly misconcepted acronym meaning "Nitrous Oxide Systems". Basically, it's a brand. Like NX, Edelbrock, Cold Fusion, all those are brands. They all sell N20 however. Nitrous Oxide. Please refrain from saying "nos". It makes you sound ignorant. Say "nitrous" or another substitute word. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

Definately read the stickes on top of the page. I think DSMForums.com has a good write up on nitrous as well. A window switch is set say from 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm, it only allows nitrous to be sprayed between those rpms. If you spray below 3000, pre-detonation occurs. Then your motor goes bye bye. Hope that helps....

Monday, May 15, 2006 9:20 PM
Almost forgot: Your rims go nicely with the red.

Monday, May 15, 2006 9:55 PM
I was suggested this book, ordered it and it was helpful.

null
Monday, May 15, 2006 9:55 PM
dont know why it says "null". Click that though.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:00 AM
hmm, i will keep reading, i did know NOS wasnt exactally the right thing to say i cant wait to start reading when i get home! this is gonna be great haha. with that window switch, how hard is it to install? is there a button you press when you want n2o? or does it spray with the throttle wide open??

i kinda think i got the jist of n2o. am i kinda right? with the wet kit, you take a feed off of your gas line, and it comes to the Y design with n2o on the other nozzle, and sprays into the intake? what else is there to it?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:05 AM
i have a WOT switch. basically i arm the system. and im at WOT it sprays the nitrous.

its easy to install if you know how to use tools and know your way around wires.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:22 AM
Well trust me, once you get the nitrous installed you'll love it. You need to respect it though because it will totally screw up your perception of it once you blow something. As everyone is saying, run the 50shot, if I were you I'd get it professionally installed for a clean, for sure running kit, or you can try and install it yourself with one of your more knowledgable friends so you can start to understand the nitrous system.

Get NGK Tr6 plugs
Run some good premo gas
Have fun and don't over-use it

Once you start installing and you have hardcore questions you can PM me or any of the others on here to answer them because they've more than likely been answered already in the forum. Later bro and stay safe

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:17 AM
thanks guys. i dont want it to spray when the throttle is wide open, becuase what if i floor it in 1st? i want to be able to spray it myself . im pretty sure i can wire it up myself, cant be that hard........ is it pretty much like i tried to explain up two posts?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:27 AM
im a newb to nitrous too... but stick around you can learn quite a bit as i have already. i havent even got nitrous yet and im excited about it. but anyway. listen to bball hes very knowledgeable, and keep reading. my first kit will proly be a zex wet... just because it has alot of safety features and is a pretty straight on bolt on.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:57 AM
can someone explain what it does simply? i think ive gotten the hang of it, but i might not. and how it is wired up (brief)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:13 PM
Yea you're mostly right!

I'll sum it up quick for you!

Test both solenoids before bolting them down by touching the corresponding wires to the (+) and (-) terminals on the battery.

Install bottle in trunk and run the line to the engine bay

I went under the back seat, pulled up the plastic pieces holding the carpet down on the drivers side, and through that huge rubber circle that part of the steering wheel goes through (just cut a little hole through it)

Line runs through car to nitrous side of Y shaped nozzle

Drill the appropriate sized hole into your intake (In between TB and IAT) and make sure its about 3-4in away from the TB if at all possible

Y shaped Nozzle gets put in and screwed on from within the intake

Connect the braided hose that ran from the bottle onto the nitrous side

Bolt down solenoids in a fashion to where its not hard to run the wires or nitrous/fuel lines

Find the high pressure Fuel line located near the back (by the TB) coming in by the fuel rail

Make a clean cut through the hose after pulling back the plastic hose covering the line

Get a properly sized fuel Tee and tee the line off and clamp down both sides of the line securely (not too tight to where it can dis-lodge itself and come aloose)

If you find the proper tee, the fuel line should screw onto it and can then be run to the other side of the Y nozzle located in the TB

Be sure not to use any of the red lock tite/thread sealer until everything has been test fitted

Now that all the solenoids are in place and the braided lines are attached you can start doing the wiring

You should go ahead and wire the solenoids into series (putting both neg and pos wires of each solenoid together and running only the positive to the relay which will be a green wire)

At this time you may want to wrap your wires in black electris tape to have a cleaner look in the end, or put any color wire loom around them)

Both negative wires go to a ground(any bare metal on the body of the car) or the neg terminal on the battery

Black wire on the relay goes to positive terminal on batt

Red wire goes to WOT switch or just straight to your activation switch since you choose to not have a WOT (which was the hardest thing to install to me) It literally took us an hour to line that thing up to the lever on the TB and to hit it right.......

Wire the switch accordingly (acc = wire from relay-----12volt = any 12v source on the car----ground = any good ground on the car)

Make sure your 12v source is strong enough for the switch because mine wouldn't switch on for a minute and we found that our 12v source was too weak

Now go through, make sure the system works by engaging it (WITHOUT the NITROUS BOTTLE OPEN) Listen for both solenoids to click open and closed

Put in your correct sized Jets into the Y nozzle (50shot max for stock 2200)

Go through the entire system and put in the locktite/thread lock in and go out for a spin(spray in 2nd gear first) if you feel you have good clutch/shift/gas pedal control spray it in 1st-3rd......have fun and don't use the entire bottle up in then first day hahaha

Well that's almost exactly how I did it, with exception to not installing the WOT and with putting in a purge solenoid and later taking it off because it was useless to me.

The actual step by step instructions are Here, but mine were just summarized so you can get everything in your head! Well good luck man and hope you want to go ahead on with the nitrous! I find it WAYYYYYYYYY easier to tune, intall, and deal with than a turbo. Later bro

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:14 PM
I typed all that while you posted the last message ! That explination is wayy more brief than NX's intructions, so, there ya go man!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:22 PM
bball how many pull do you get per bottle?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:58 PM
Hmmm, that really depends on how long you're spraying! But with a full bottle and a bottle warmer you can get about 10-12 runs down the track if I remember right! That's spraying through all gears. Without a bottle warmer you won't get every bit of nitrous out of the tank though. Also, no matter how much you spray, there's always a good little bit left in the tank that won't be fully used (my experience atleast because I don't have a bottle warmer yet).

And, if you have a 50+shot, if the bottle isn't at the proper pressure you won't get the full 50+ shot you want. It'll be like a 35-45shot (if you're spraying a 50). I'm pretty sure you can always get a full 35hp if you're spraying a 35shot just because there's so little nitrous in use and so much trying to come through the lines.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:20 PM
wow dude, thanks alot, that helped me SO much. thats exactally how i thought it was done. When you said you wire up the activation switch...i dont want a window switch, so whenever i hit that button, it will spray?? Does the kit come with different shot jets? What about hooking up a purge? is there a separate switch? When should i shoot the n20? i have an auto 4spd.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:33 PM
The activation switch is what arms the system so it can be used. Window switch is a totally different thing.
Yea there is a total different switch for the purge kit. The kit does come with different shot sizes, i think from like 35 to 150 (i may be wrong) not 100% sure. As for push button, i have no clue since Im using the WOT. Most people i hear spray from like 3000 RPM's to 5500RPM.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:38 PM
i see, i def dont want the WOT one, do you arm it first, them when the throttle is wide open it sprays? cause i dont wanna sit in traffic, and get pissed and slam the pedal to the ground and it shoots me into the next city haha.....

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:45 PM
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:33 PM
jWagg wrote:this is the one i want. is this the right one? haha. what do you think?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NEX%2DML2000&N=400229+4294871048+115&autoview=sku

sorry about these multiple posts, but this @!#$ is getting like god dam crack. i cant stop reading. i haveread something about filters for the n2o, looks like their just inline filters? would you recommend them? What about these switches. I want to just hit a button and spray the nitrous, i dont want to to spray for me, i want to control it, do i have to arm it first, then spray? or is it just one switch? I have also read about fuel pressure. If i do order this, im gonna get a fuel pressure guage, probibly a autometer carbon fiber fuel pressure, is that sufficiant? Should i just check the pressure before spraying? PLEASE DONT DISREGARD MY OTHER POSTS ^^^^^^^, IM JUST ALL EXCITED!!! and i keep coming up with questions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search