Cry02 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cry02
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:25 AM
I've been trying to find any info on it but I can't find much on Cry02. All I can find is where to buy and that it cools down your engine... I think. Does anyone know how it works, how it adds power, and can it be used with Nitrous?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703

Re: Cry02
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:20 AM
From my understanding, its really not going to help you out very much with performance. Basically, they have a couple kits that cool different things by using the properties of c02. If you've ever played paintball you know how cold that stuff gets. They have a kit that cools a bulb inside of your intake and another kit that sprays c02 on the outside of your intercooler. When you use your nitrous, that in itself will cool the intake temp, so the c02 crap really isn't neccessary. Maybe somebody else on here actually has the product and can be more useful then I can.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:10 AM
Oh good, I guess I'll just stick with Nitrous. Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:50 PM
yeah bro, if you have a stock engine and no real forced induction, mainly a turbo, CRY02 is just a waste of money for you.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:23 PM
I've never owned it so i really don't have a valid argument, but if i remember correctly, Event was saying he helped put it in a buddy of his's car, and that it worked really good, and i thought that car was N/A. They have the intercooler spray which sprays co2 on the intercooler to help cool it down, they also have the fuel bar thing that helps cool down the fuel that is going into the engine, and then also the tube that fills up with co2 which is put into the intake tube. Again i don't know to much about this, and i'm pretty sure Event would be the best person to ask. I could have swore he said it was good, and gave reasons.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:40 PM
Martinez wrote:I've never owned it so i really don't have a valid argument, but if i remember correctly, Event was saying he helped put it in a buddy of his's car, and that it worked really good, and i thought that car was N/A. They have the intercooler spray which sprays co2 on the intercooler to help cool it down, they also have the fuel bar thing that helps cool down the fuel that is going into the engine, and then also the tube that fills up with co2 which is put into the intake tube. Again i don't know to much about this, and i'm pretty sure Event would be the best person to ask. I could have swore he said it was good, and gave reasons.

again another exapmple of the snowball effect. one person says its not good and everyone follows along. its really quite simple people. colder denser air makes more power. cry02 cools the air. it makes power. so yeah.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:00 PM
ya, but i don't think it makes enough power to justify the price you spend on it. I think there are a lot of mods that would give better results with that cash.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:07 PM
It depends, if you understood what the real reasoning for it, you wouldnt say that. This is basically only for forced induction. Forced induction creates TONS of heat, so using CO2 to spray onto your intercooler could get you a quick 20 horsepower. Dont quote me on that, I am just saying for an example. Many people do this with nitrous, but spraying nitrous into an intercooler is kind of a throwing away of money deal to me. CO2 is a hell of a lot cheaper than N2O is, i will tell you taht.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:41 PM
Yeah I did some more reseach on it and basically it would be ideal for engine that run with turbo, especially that run over 10psi. But thanks for yalls input.

Friday, June 09, 2006 4:06 PM
i think the biggest reason for me to run cryo2 kit would be for during stop and go traffic when my intercooler would get heatsoaked so i could cool i off.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:39 PM
has anyone run their 1/4 time while it was a nice hot 90 degree day, and have they also ran their 1/4 while it was a nice cool 40 degree day. now if they say it can cool the air intake temp upto 50 degrees (I think that is what they say) then tell me what the differences in your 1/4 mile were. you don't need to be tubo'd or anything, but obviously your going to see better gains if you were. but that is like saying i don't want to put an exhaust on my car unless i go supercharged because i won't see to much of an increase. just my 2 cents, not saying its a great buy, i don't have any personal experience with it, but i don't want people to just sit here and down on it when they don't have experience with it either.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search