Purge questions - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Purge questions
Friday, June 02, 2006 4:49 AM
Hey.. I know I've been asking millions of questions about nitrous lately, but I have a few for purge.

1) I know purging is good to do before you use nitrous so you can get a clear shot in, but do I do it whenever I arm my nitrous, or does it have to be soon before spraying nitrous? Basically, If I purge it at 10pm, and I don't use it til 11:30pm, will I still get a clear of shot as I would have at 10:10pm?

2) To use purge, do I just arm my purge and spray it? Or does my nitrous have to be activated? And I'm assuming the nitrous bottle will have to be open to purge?

3) In order to get a clear shot every time, will I have to purge between every spray, or only upon activation?

4) Might be just for show.. but does purge come out in a straight line or scattered around a little bit?

5) A question I've been asking forever, how much nitrous does purging use up compared to spraying.

6) Finally, if I keep the purge under my hood, will it actually cool down the bay momentarily?

Thanks, and any input or answers will be appreciated.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703

Re: Purge questions
Friday, June 02, 2006 9:02 AM
1. Purge only before every usage. If u purge at 2200 and don't use it until 2330, u need to purge again, just before usage.

2. Depends on how u have the system wired. I have it wired to my ignition, then I have to arm the system in order for the purge to work, pointless to not have the system armed but being able to purge because u should purge before every usage.

3. Purge between every spray depending length of time in between sprays, for 1 race to another, purge, if u let off to go around a corner and get back into it, don't purge.

4. Purge blows out like smoke, it diverges very quickly

5. Depends on how much u purge, I believe NOS recommends 3 short bursts every time u purge, I say 2 short bursts, use ur own discression

6. Nope, not enough to do anything, besides, purge should be vented above the hood so that u can keep tabs, visually, on how much nitrous is left or how much u r purging.

Nitrous comes out white
Pressure (compressed air) is clear

Scott

Now u kno, and knowing is half the battle
GI JOE!!!!!!!

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Friday, June 02, 2006 1:54 PM
Thanks a lot for all the answers!

But wait, when I purge out the compressed air and if no nitrous comes, I didn't use up any nitrous right?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Friday, June 02, 2006 2:50 PM
when u purge, you are releasing air out of the lines and basically charging the lines with nitrous. When you purge and see compressed air coming out, well, not see nitrous and just hear the pressure coming out, that means that you don't have anymore nitrous in the bottle. Which means your pressure is down and most likely when you use the nitrous its not going to do much.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search