total noob question - Page 3 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: total noob question
Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:05 PM
bball is saying he didn't snap an axle just because he was spraying. The loss of traction is what broke the axle. You can get the same effect by launching at too high of an rpm. wheel hop = bad

Monday, May 29, 2006 2:15 AM
If you are using the wot & msd window switch, can you set it up so that you could start spraying 2nd gear instead of at 1st?

Monday, May 29, 2006 6:04 AM
Ton-E wrote:If you are using the wot & msd window switch, can you set it up so that you could start spraying 2nd gear instead of at 1st?

Well from how I understand it, you would rather have to turn your nitrous on in 2nd gear and keep it off in first. The MSD window switch is a rather cheap unit that does one good thing. To have your nitrous spray automatically in 2nd without physically engaging it, you'd have to buy a nitrous controller! A nitrous controller can do all sorts of odds and ends with your system (acts as a window switch, spray in or no sray in any gear throughout a run, spray 35shots in 1st/50 in 2nd/75+ in 3rd 4th and 5th (progressive controller). There's just alot you can do.

Someone posted this controller awhile ago, and it's a really good deal for the things it can do.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16579&cat=338&page=1

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:15 PM
I've been interested in N2O for a little while, been reading up as much as I can about it. anyway, thanks to Bballjamal's link above, I found this:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16509&cat=308&page=1

thought it might help the people who are worried about spraying in first.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:17 AM
^^^ i found the window switch im using right there...

first gear lockout woo hoo....

but my question is will the The HSW Edge Progressive Nitrous Controller also lockout 1st gear so that it wont spray?

cause if it does ill go for it instead....

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:51 AM
That progressive switch does almost everything you could wish for haha. Both great products, both I'd rock in my set-up.

The thing with the progressive is, you can just set it up to where it won't spray in first anyway. You can choose the gear, rpm, rpm range, power of shot, variable shot control, etc etc.

Nitrous is a great power adder once you find the good add-ons!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:31 AM
so i guess what your saying is that the prograssive controller you posted will do the same thing as the one z24 freq posted and will disable spraying in first?

that would be grand if i didnt have to worry to much about spraying in first ..

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:35 AM
and does that one work for autos and standards?

Desert Tuners

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:33 AM
It should work for both auto/standard considering it's all read from the elctricals of the car! I'll do alittle more reading and ask a friend who has it before I lead you in the wrong direction though. He has a auto, single big turbo, Supra on a 75shot with that same progressive controller.

Though I know he sprays in 1st/2nd only to get off the line then all boost from there. When I appraoched him about the controller he filled me in on it having full control over what happens. Like he has it programmed to ONLY spray in 1st and second and its a progressive shot throughout the rpm's and gear. I do know this for fact, so I wouldn't see why It would be different for a J. But i'll make sure.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:06 AM
I think I'm going to email the company as well later to verify that it works on the standard. I don't know how that box could read a standard transmission to know it's in first. but hopefully it does, and we'll figure out how.

Desert Tuners

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:02 AM
^ heres how it works... when you activate it not to spray in 1st it uses the window switch...

ill explain

when told not to spray it first and you have rpm range set it waits for the rpm range to so from start to end once then when i t drops back it starts...

its hard to explain here.... as best i can

what it does is if you set the window switch 3200 start and 5200 off, when you reach this point in first it wont spray.
reason is because it skips the first window cycle, so if you dont reach 3000 rpms in first or shift before 5200 it wont spray in second... you have to reach the to set rpms in first so that it knows the first cycle has been completed and it can spray the next cycle.

well if thats not clear enough try this:

First gear Lock-Out

The Lock-Out feature is designed for off-road drag racing use only. When the Lock-Out is “on” or “activated”, it will not allow the nitrous to activate until you have went all the way through first gear and reached the turn off rpm limit. The turn off rpm limit must be reached before shifting into second gear or the Nitro Control will not switch into active mode.

Simply put, do not "short-shift" into second gear or no nitrous will spray until you shift into third! This situation can be avoided by selecting a turn off rpm that is 100 to 200 rpm before your shift point. Another way to prevent this is to take advantage of the built in shift light output.

Using a shift light will not only eliminate a short shift into second, it will also make your shifts more consistent and increase your saftey by allowing you to keep your eyes on the track and not your dash.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:04 PM
ahhh... thanks for the info!

Desert Tuners

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search