How far have you gone on a 75 dry shot? - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How far have you gone on a 75 dry shot?
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:08 AM
O and do you have a bottle warmer to insure your bottle temps are in the right place? That 55shot didn't give you the full hit it should've given you, unless Zex overrates their equip!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:16 PM
Juice pushrods wrote:My motor went after 13bottle on a 75 wet.

here is what happened to me lol oh well moving on to bigger slugs and boost eventually.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:26 PM
BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:Um, Zex sells there dry kits and includes with them a .032, .034 .035, .036, and .038 jets. I checked Zex.com, and I'm pretty sure that I installed the .038 nitrous jet along with the .032 fuel jet. I should get crazier and just do the 100 shot jet setup! (.026 fuel/.046 nitrous) but that's nowhere close the the .054 jet.

Why would your dry kit also have a fuel jet supplied with it?

BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:Just for reference and a matter of interest, Zex says that a .054 nozzle on the dry V8 kit is good for a 125hp shot! But not recommended for 4 or 6 cylinders!
So you would have made near 260hp at the wheels had the motor stayed together!?

I spent about 3 months (using my trusty ohm meter) figuring out how to make it run rich and retard the timing by cheeting the sensor's with 5 to 40Kohm resistors from radio shack. It was running in the norm according to the O2 guage up to the .043DIA nozzle. On the day it blew we figured it would have hit about 250-275whp, not to bad for a car that was 133whp stock.

In march I should have the direct port setup installed on the hillborn motor, then I can take the turd back to the track and dyno again. This will be the 5th motor in 7 years, mabye this one will last for more than a year and 1/2.

Having fun with the grocery getter.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:04 PM
Ponda SUX wrote:
BigRey (The Ferret) wrote:Um, Zex sells there dry kits and includes with them a .032, .034 .035, .036, and .038 jets. I checked Zex.com, and I'm pretty sure that I installed the .038 nitrous jet along with the .032 fuel jet. I should get crazier and just do the 100 shot jet setup! (.026 fuel/.046 nitrous) but that's nowhere close the the .054 jet.

ZEX uses a vacuum hose, with a jet in it, to regulate the amount of vacuum it cuts off (increasing fuel pressure on the regulator, meaning more fuel gets injected via the stock fuel injectors.

So if you want to change the fuel amount when you're spraying... you can adjust the fuel (vacuum) jet separately.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:03 PM
John Lenko wrote:
Ponda SUX wrote:

ZEX uses a vacuum hose, with a jet in it, to regulate the amount of vacuum it cuts off (increasing fuel pressure on the regulator, meaning more fuel gets injected via the stock fuel injectors.

So if you want to change the fuel amount when you're spraying... you can adjust the fuel (vacuum) jet separately.

So the ZEX kit is a "dry" kit that add's more fuel when activated? Wouldent that still be considered a "wet" kit? Granted its not the "Fogger" style wet kit many people are used to seeing, but it is adding more fuel when activated.

This may take me some time to get used reading about a "dry kit" with a "fuel jet"......it doesnt even sound right.

Having fun with the grocery getter.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:25 PM
That's what I said, but I guess it works seeing that I haven't blown up (yet) on the dry shot.

I couldn't run because NHRA rules state that if the vehicle is equipped with a nitrous system that it also have a pressure relief valve exiting the vehicle. What I don't get is why they let me run before and never said anything. It angers me to think about this garbage. I don't think I'm going to give anyone the satisfaction of seeing what it runs for a long while.

I will go to the dyno one of these days to see what it does on the 75. only one problem, they don't have a wide band to see what a/f i'll be at.

On my way to using my third bottle of nitrous on the 75 shot!
Monday, July 24, 2006 10:17 PM
Found out why my car was surging every now and then...

number two spark plug melted the firing tip to the electrode! Yay! I did something! The motor is still intact, I threw the stock acdelco plugs back in. Fired right up then drove it for a while to get rid of the exess fuel puddle that was on top of the piston!

On my way to using my fourth bottle of nitrous on the dry 75 shot!
Friday, July 28, 2006 10:37 AM
hey bigrey. this might sound kind of weird, but do you think you could check out my thread and help me out a bit. I'm running zex dry also and I am stuck on some of the wiring and the vac lines.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search