Not sure where to put this. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not sure where to put this.
Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:30 AM
If I have put this topic in the wrong forum I'm sorry not really sure where to put it. After reading alot about s/c and turbo's in the end F*#@king up alot of engines. I have decided to read up on nitrous a bit, and have decided that it would be the safest, and most bang for the buck way to go. Just reading over the stickys and random forums I have learned alot about nitrous. I have decided to get the Stage 1 NX Wet Shot Kit. It sounds to be the best setup for my 97 Z24 Auto. But I have a few questions of my own after 3 hours of searching around. Before I do a nitrous kit I was wanting to upgrade my cams and pulleys. Here are my questions. Would it be better to buy Unorthadox UD pulley and AEM's Alt pulley, or go with light weight stock size pulleys? Or since I'm not going s/c would either be ok. And the cams I'm looking at buying have a 200 degrees duration (at .050" lift), and .375" lift on both intake and exhaust. Would these cams help any with the flow of the nitrous when I use it? Really all I plan on doing is keeping it at a 50 shot. I want to feel that out before I go up to 75 shot if I ever do. I probably already know the answers to my questions but I'm a cautious person and a firm beleiver in if you are going to do it do it right the first time. Oh and before I forget here are the mods I already have on my Cavy: Pacesetter 4-1 header, catco high flow cat, custom 2.25" catback and highflow muffler, B&M shift improver, lower and upper rksport motormounts, and not that it matters 1.6" drop all the way around with front and rear megan racing strut bars. I'm also thinking about titanium valves and springs with a 3 angle job. Any answers on any of my questions and ideas would be great. I'm just another Nitrous newb seeing the light at the end of the tunnel .

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Re: Not sure where to put this.
Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:50 PM
i'd start with the 35 shot and get the feel of it first, work you way up. every mod that you listed will help. about the underdrive pulley, do you have a high amperage stereo setup, if so don't do underdrive because it will take away revolutions from your alternator. take a look at the secret cam sticky in the performance forum, it'll show you a really cheap way to get a good cam setup.

i see that you've had some bad expereince with superchargers but you should maybe take a look at the GM supercharger for our cars, its very reliable and a great power adder.
good luck
Re: Not sure where to put this.
Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:31 AM
I personaly have not boosted any of my cars before, I have just read about other peoples experiances and don't think I want to risk it. Plus to get the best hp gain for the money nitrous is the best way to go, it is safer, and more reliable from what I understand. And about the underdrive pulley thanks for brining that up, I do have a high power system so I will probably hit up somebody to get some light weight stock size pulleys made for me. I beleive there is somebody in the performance forums who has designed the pulleys for a really nice price. And with the cams I think I'm going to go with 3tech's cams. They are already available and and brand new with a better lift on the intake cam i beleive. And they are a really nice price with a full warranty. Thanks for responding .

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search