NX vs Zex - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NX vs Zex
Monday, August 21, 2006 12:00 AM
Just wondering your thoughts on the two brands. Why is Zex "safe" nitrous. Does it come equipped with a wot switch that makes it safer?Any insight would be grate. thanks.

Re: NX vs Zex
Monday, August 21, 2006 5:50 AM
zex has a vacum line to raise fuel pressure...thats all

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:19 AM
theres more than that... zex has one central unit that commands everything.... so if it notices something wrong it will shut itself off... on nx i believe that the nozzles are not controlled that way.. i believe.

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Monday, August 21, 2006 9:46 AM
I have only used NX and will never change. All there kits are wet kits with arming switch with wide open throttle switch. They also sell the Gen X and Gen X 2 add on kits which is everythign you will ever.

I've always liked NX for the fact that there Solinoids and preaty big and beefy

Monday, August 21, 2006 3:40 PM
i like my NX kit very well. i guess it comes down to preferance

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, August 21, 2006 4:31 PM
I like Zex for ease of installation. And that I am just plain insane!

2.2 crane cams rockers for sale
2200 crane cams pushrods for sale
P.M. Me...
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:35 AM
I have a Zex wet kit and right now I'm shooting a 55 shot. It was an easy install and haven't had a problem with it yet...
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:46 PM
Well the Zex Nitrous Managment Unit is supposed to be a "Smart" setup because it is constantly mointoring bottle pressure. This way you will have the optimum nitrous to fuel ratio, never too rich, never too lean. But you can always run lean.

I noticed that every once in a while when I'm using nitrous, I won't feel that instant boost or it cuts out spontaineously because the NMU sences a problem before or during a run. I have accidentally hit the rev limiter on more than one occation, but I know when I miss a shift or hold first too long. That is my fault. But after 11 bottles, it's still running!

I havent had any problems using a dry 75 setup for three bottles though! I am now at an 85 shot (I think, .040 nitrous and .030 fuel) and already went through one bottle! I'm just stepping it up untill my head is done and that I get a safety blow down tube.

Dry 85 shot, and still going up...
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:57 AM
The ZEX its supposed to be the smart setup but the only difference between the ZEX kit and say a NOS dry setup is the electronic TPS switch.

Yes the bottle pressure does dictate how much fuel you get using the jet you put inline with the FPR it lets a metered amount of pressure through to the FPR to raise the fuel pressure to make the injectors act larger. So if the bottle pressure is higher the amount of pressure that goes trough is more thus the more fuel.

The times you are not feeling the instant boost or you feel it cuts out is actually your ECU pulling timing I was wondering why sometimes my nitrous felt really fast and other times it wasn't so I used HpTuners and found it was pulling like 8 degrees of timing from knock.

I am planning on running a 100 shot dry at the track next week.

Here are my upgrades:
Aermotive FPR
461cc injectors (44lb/hr)
HPTuners
Zex Dry Kit
Zex Bottle Heater
Zex Purge
Zex Blow Down Tube
MagnaFlow Exhaust
SRT-4 Plugs
AEM Wideband
Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:37 PM
wow. let us know how it goes.

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:10 AM
Cant you add a tps to any nitrous system?

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:23 AM
Forgot to ask. What is the PSI at idle and at wot on an Eco. Looked around but got a couple diffrent answers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search